Couple of things

twingler
on 9/15/11 11:29 pm - North Wilkesboro, NC
Last night I fixed my family some terriaki chicken stir fry - I put 4 chicken breast diced with terriaki sauce and 2 bags of stir fry veggies and 1 cup of rice.  Well I had about 4 to 5 ounces of it and within 15 minutes I was in pain.  I picked out the chicken and veggies and I may have had 1 spoon of rice in my entire meal.  I hurt for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.  At one point I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital.  Today I have a groucy pouch.  I guess that is the last time I will have chicken stir fry.  Do you think it was the terriaki or the rice?  Or what exactly caused that pain?

Also, I have been having really bad indigestion at night.  I am on prevacid or prilosec can't remember - doctor's  prescribed every night - but it seems to be getting worse.  I wake up and have to take tums and then get up in the mornings with the worse taste in my mouth and still burning.

Vivian Prouty
on 9/15/11 11:43 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 What you experienced is "dumping syndrome" caused more in likely from too much sugar in the sauce you put on the chicken.    As for the indigestion....I am clueless.    I would call your surgeon and talk to them about that.    As for rice.....I stay clear of it.   It bloats up in my pouch and actually it hurts.    Good luck on your journey.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Carla M.
on 9/15/11 11:44 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
You might have gotten something stuck. It happens.

As far as indigestion....maybe try a different medication. They all work differently. I take two Nexium a day. A lot of people take Protonics. It's just a matter of what works for you. Try sleeping with your body/head a little elevated and see if that helps a bit. Cut down on acidic foods to see if that helps too.

Hope you get to feeling better!
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 1:06 am
What kind of pain were you feeling? Were you just stomach sick like nauseated or was it like a sharp stabbing pain?

I'm very prone to "dumping syndrome" but it generally passes within 20-30 minutes, I've never had it last more than an hour. When I dump I feel like i'm getting hot flashes followed by a very rapid heartbeat and all I want to do is vomit (although most of the time I am not sucessful).

Now there are times that I do not "dump" but I am in pain. One kind is when I get food stuck. I feel a very tight pressure in my chest between my breast and the only way I can make this feel better is either by doing my best to bring the food back up, or drinking pineapple juice.

Another kind of pain I get is if I eat my food too fast, this can be in the form of chest pain as well. I also had it when I ate too fast I got a sharp stabbing pain in my lower abdomen as if I had a huge GAS bubble stuck somewhere. This is the worst kind of pain I've ever had since my RNY, and this did take me ALL night to recover from.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views