love the weight loss, hate my new flabby, deflated, wrinkly body

NIXMOMMIE
on 9/16/11 3:04 pm - NC
I recall someone saying something about when we were fat everything had a place.  Well now that i am 7lbs away from one-derland, EVERYTHING DOES NOT HAVE A PLACE.  I looked a photo of me today and I look like a completely different person.  I mean really different person.  Like I would not recognize me in a line up.  Ok the hair would give it away.  I haven't been this size in 21 years and all this is really new for me.  I hate that I look really decent in a size 16 or 14, but when I am naked I look like a 24 that someone popped with a pin.  PLASTICS coming my way.

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 3:06 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah, that's a phenomenon we all have to come to grips with.

Best wishes,
poet_kelly
on 9/16/11 3:08 pm - OH
I think it's kinda like, you know how if you put on a sweater that was several sizes too big?  It would be baggy and hang down in places and stuff like that.  That's like our skin after we lose a bunch of weight.  When we are really heavy, we grow extra skin to cover our large bodies.  Then our bodies shrink, but the skin is still a size large.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sjweiser
on 9/16/11 6:02 pm
 Well we all now we have to excersize to take care of the problems from the weight lose.
Price S.
on 9/16/11 9:03 pm - Mills River, NC
Exercise can build muscle but it can't reduce skin size.  We can certainly make what it covers look better but not do away with it.  Being young and having good genes helps.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

mrslatch
on 9/16/11 10:36 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
If exercize completley eliminated any saggy skin, I'd be a Victoria's Secret modle. lol
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

poet_kelly
on 9/17/11 12:54 am - OH
Actually, exercise won't get rid of extra skin.  When we are very overweight, we grow more skin.  You cannot ungrow skin by exercising.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Price S.
on 9/16/11 9:04 pm - Mills River, NC
Agreed about the skin.  I look really hot in clothes and thank goodness hubby loves me because at 62, I'm not getting plastics.  Melted candle seems an apt description.  but I will chose it over the fat.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Pitoune
on 9/16/11 9:17 pm - Montréal, Canada
Be proud of what you've accomplished, exercise to tone up your body and the extra skin is there to remind you from where you came from... 
*~*Pitoune*~*
preview image

Michelle E.
on 9/16/11 10:59 pm
Gosh.. I know how you feel.. in clothes and the appropriate suppoertive garments I look awesome.. I love my new atheltic body type.. I run and exercise.. that feels great.. Now naked.. OMG.. feel like a mess.. especially my boobs.. As soon as I get my iron levels up (hopefully by next year), I am getting plastics.. This dislike of my extra skin thing affects my intimacy for sure.. The more you lose the bigger the sack seems to get..

Good luck to you!

Michelle
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 330 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics