4 days post op

Amy-Rae
on 9/16/11 8:11 am - NC
 I had my RNY gastric bypass on Monday. It was laproscopic and everything went well. I am just really sore. Thank God for good pain medicine. Keep me in your prayers as I go through recovery.
glzgowlass
on 9/16/11 8:13 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Is it getting better?  I had mine on Wed and in a fair abount of pain.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

dawney
on 9/16/11 8:17 am
Hi, I'm currently just hitting 3 weeks out.  My first week the pain that I was experiencing was mostly from the trapped gas.  Try and get and walk ocassionally, it does get better.  Also remember even though you had it laparoscopically, you still had major surgery.  I promise, as the days go on it will get better. 

Dawn
Raynae S.
on 9/16/11 8:38 am - PA
I am 2 weeks out and the first week is the worst. I feel great now! Good luck and I will be praying for you!

teachermarsha
on 9/16/11 9:39 am
My surgery was Tues.  No pain meds since yesterday early morn, pushed that morphine pump one last time.  Sore but not a lot of pain for me thankfully.  Agree with others walking helps the gas.  Take care and thinking of you:)

xopammi
on 9/16/11 11:20 am - VA
Me too! Monday 9-12-11 a day to start our new lives! I am the same just sore and gas pain seems to be the worst for me.  Today has seemed to be hard my pouch has been angry since this morning it is a chore just drinking my water, but this to shall pass. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, best of luck
Pam
Audi5000
on 9/16/11 12:29 pm
It does get better.  I agree that walking helps gas - but I had my fair share of chewable GasX, too.  I was sore - and still have a few tender spots when I turn a certain way - but at about 5 weeks out I'm glad to say that I'm almost "normal" again.  I have been super (what's the word beyond that - take it and triple it) tired.  My work is not physically tiring, but emotionally draining - and so I can't blame it all on surgery.  It does get better!

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days
This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash
Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

ktaborelli
on 9/16/11 11:45 pm - Hampton, NJ
 I han my RNY on tues. 9/13. I am starting to feel a little better, just feel like I have done a million situps. I hope you feel better soon!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics