After Losing Weight, Do You Look Older or Younger? 40 Plus Years Old Folks!

AuntSugar
on 9/16/11 11:50 am - La Verne, CA
 I had surgery a month before my 57th birthday.  I'm almost a year out, down 93 lbs.  Most people tell me that I look 10 years younger.  
Eliza55
on 9/16/11 12:10 pm - PA
I'm between 55 & 60, and have lost about 45 lbs so far.  Everyone tells me I look much younger, and more energetic.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Laura in Texas
on 9/16/11 12:33 pm
I'm 45 and have lost 200 pounds. I don't have wrinkles, but I do have excess skin on my face and it looks really droopy, especially around my mouth, so I'm not sure if I look older or younger. I want a facelift and neck lift. I was asking Dr.Lomonaco for recomendations on who does good face work around here and he told me I am "cute-as-a-button" and not to do anything to my face. Awwwwwww..... made me feel good, coming from a plastic surgeon, but I still want my face done.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Carol M.
on 9/16/11 1:12 pm - TX
Well, I am 7.5 months out from surgery and will be 60 in December. I have lost a total of 100 lbs. since August 1,2010. No one ever thought I was as old (or as heavy) as my driver's license says. And Wed. night at church I had a gentleman tell me I looked like a teen-ager. That really set me back on my heels. I have "bat-wings" that I keep covered, crepey, loose skin at the top of my thighs, and just a little loose skin under my neck which is the only thing I will have "fixed" once I am through losing and reach maintenance. More resistance exercise would probably help the other areas, but I am content with a couple of days of water aerobics right now. That said you have to know that everyone is different. I have a cousin who never had an extra ounce of fat on her body her entire life. The last time I saw her she was about 55 years old and I kid you not her face looked like a Shar-pei. She so desperately needed a face lift like no one I had ever seen. No one can predict how a body will respond to weight loss and what the physical results will be. Just know that you will have a new lease on life and any wrinkles or baggy skin are just reminders of where you have come from. Improved health is worth all the saggy, baggy skin I might ever have.
Carol , East Texas
DebsGiz
on 9/16/11 1:16 pm - FL

I'm 56 and think I look like a well preserved... 56.  LoL

I did have a face-lift last year, and while it has certainly made some difference, I'm thinking that it gave me more of a "refreshed" look rather than a look younger than I am look, which is fine.

My goal was to look as good as I felt for my age, not to look like a younger version of myself, so I'm pleased with the results I received.   

Lori P.
on 9/16/11 1:33 pm - Kenosha, WI
I used to get comments about how young I look when I was at my heaviest....now.... Not so much!  ......Seems that the fat filled out the wrinkles well.    I look every bit the almost 50 year old woman I am.

Recently I have regained about 10 lbs from my lowest (abut 125lbs now)....I have had many many people tell me I look much healthier.  Perhaps I got too thin and that did not help.

Either way, I would rather look my age and be thin than look younger and be obese.

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

Laura in Texas
on 9/17/11 12:40 am
"Either way, I would rather look my age and be thin than look younger and be obese."

Same here!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Samantha L.
on 9/16/11 2:19 pm - Petaluma, CA
I will be 40 in January.  I had my children when I was very young (my fourth one at 22), and I was often mistaken for their sister. 
I have lost 155 or so lbs and now I'm pretty sure I look like I am 40.   I can wear younger, cooler clothes (but I am not trying to be one of those creepy 40 year old women running around pretending to be 20), but my face has aged a bit.  I'm alright with it. 
 I still get mistaken for my OLDEST daughter's sister, but I am pretty sure everyone can tell that I am "Mom" to the younger three. 

Naked?  Well, that's another story all together!  I look a LITTLE bit like a pale prune (that has seen better days) with a couple of over easy eggs stuck to the front and bat wings.  Or maybe a bit more like if someone halfway deflated the Pillsbury Dough Boy.  Eh.  Whatever.  The Cowboy doesn't mind and who else sees me naked?

samsander
on 9/16/11 4:00 pm - CA
I am 53... Down 100+ pounds and definitely look younger.

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

jenni93
on 9/17/11 12:28 am

I've enjoyed reading all these posts.  We all have so many things in common!  I'm 53 and as others have posted, didn't really have wrinkles to speak of before my surgery.  Now I find I have a few wrinkles only under my eyes, so no, I don't think I look a lot older.  Maybe just a little more tired?  I've also heard that a year or so after you finish losing, most people's  faces "fill in" or "redistribute" and they do look better.  I'm looking forward to that.

I've used sunscreen religiously, every day, since I was in my 20's.  I'm also very fair, so I've never been in to sunbathing.  And living in northern Michigan, we're indoors or covered up for much of the year anyway.  I'm sure those things have helped.  All in all, I'm happy with the new "me" and looking forward to my next 50 years!

SW:  285   GW:  155    CW:  143          

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 10 replies · 84 views