Good morning!

virvin
on 9/18/11 12:54 am - CO
Good morning, everyone.  I haven't checked in for a while, so I figured that I have a few minutes...let's do this.  I am still losing weight (although I still can't see any difference) and I'm finally getting my vitamins on a schedule.  So challenging.

I never thought I would be one of "those girls" who 'forgets' to eat.  But, I have to set a timer to remind myself to eat.  I have something that I think may be hunger at times, but I've not had that "oh my!  i have to eat NOW" feelings.  I am very thankful for that because that was one of my worst fears. 

I do have a question though.  I am almost 3 months out.  Is there any point where we can start using a straw again?  My nurse said that using a straw has a tendency to fill the stomach with air.  Is that forever?

I am heading to a new adventure.  My gym is offering Zumba classes.  I have NO rhythm whatsoever so this should be interesting.

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday.

Hugs,
Vicky

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

Eliza55
on 9/18/11 1:01 am - PA
Vicky
Good morning!  The Zumba classes sound like fun!
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Spudgrl
on 9/18/11 1:27 am - Kuna, ID
I hope you enjoy Zumba -- I love it!!

HW 410/CW165/GW165
Remember the past, Live in the present, Trust in the future........

Nessy2976
on 9/18/11 1:36 am - MD
 I have been using a straw since two weeks out.  It makes drinking the protein easier to take with it not going all over my tongue. It has not bothered me at all. I want to take Zumba classes too...GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
SweetLilyAnn
on 9/18/11 1:51 am - TX
Hey there Vicky, we almost have the same surgery date. I still have not had a drink from a straw since surgery. I really don't want to feel air in my pouch, so I don't have the desire. But I was never a big straw person before surgery either. I think from what my program has suggested is that straws shouldn't be used - generally - but if you have to - then go for it.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

virvin
on 9/18/11 2:55 am - CO
Just so you know...the Zumba class was amazing!  It was a lot of fun and I could modify it for what I could do.  I have a bad knee so some of the stuff I couldn't do, but I kept moving.  I'm sure I looked like a big dork, but I was moving and didn't care.  Another baby step taken!

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

mrslatch
on 9/18/11 3:49 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I still want to try zumba! As for a straw...try it just a sip at a time and see how you feel. Drinking out of a straw will not do any damage to your pouch or anything. I always drink out of a straw.
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Mrs-Quiggle
on 9/18/11 7:34 am - United Kingdom
It's goodnight from me,  I've had my Sunday and its time for bed now.  Have fun at the gym everyone.  Can't imagine a time when I'm going to say I'm looking forward to going to an excersise class.  Amazing this new life isn't it.

Mrs Quiggle x
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views