what to eat and how

froggy2816
on 9/18/11 9:39 am - MD
Hello, I am looking for some help in the food catagory. I am 10 days post RNY and am on the pureed diet plan. So far all I can come up with to  eat is purred chicken,pureed veggies,mashed potatos,cream of wheat. I have 11 more days of this stage. what more can I add to make good protien levels and satisify meal time. Also I cant seem to get food/liwuid in every 2 hours. I am lucky to drink a bottle of Fruit20 in a 5 hours period. How important is it to drink every 2 hours???? any advice is very welcome.

Nessy2976
on 9/18/11 9:52 am - MD
 Drink 2 oz every 15 mins. and you will get your fluids in.  It is hard to do, but if you don't you will dehydrate. Refired beans with cheddar cheese, tuna with mayo, chili, egg salad, scarmabled eggs with cheese........cream soups.  I never pureed anything....the thought of it just grossed me out, but I chewed and cut everything up very very small. I am not a believer of baby the pouch.....just my thoughts. Good luck and sip sip sip!
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
BumpiestStar
on 9/18/11 10:01 am - MD
 I’m 10 days out as well, and I’m having trouble getting in all my fluids as well. I also don’t feel hungry so I know I’m not getting in all the protein, but I’m trying. I’m also tired of protein shakes, applesauce and eggs and tuna. So today I tried low fat re-fried beans with low fat sour cream, taco sauce a little low fat cheese. It was great and stayed down so now that’s in my lineup.  I also brought some cream of chicken soup try (low fast of course).

I was told to try and get in a minimum of 48oz of fluids in order to avoid being dehydrated. I’m not meeting those levels not that I’m not trying I just don’t feel to eat or drink.

froggy2816
on 9/18/11 10:14 am - MD
Does your pouch get upset right after eating and drinking? I get a sharp pain right after eating but it goes away quickly. Is is an absolute necesary to drink the protein shakes this early? But if I dont drink them I  would fall way shot on the protein requirement-ugh!!. what do you think?
Renee2be
on 9/18/11 11:51 am - NC
I am 10 days out ad i only get the pain if i eat to fast or eat to much.

I just yesterday could start my chakes, it was amazing how much better i felt, now at 2 oz at a time it takes all day to drink one.  But,  it helped me.

BumpiestStar
on 9/19/11 10:59 am - MD
 My pouch does get upset a little when I drink not too much when I eat. It does make a lot of noise when I eat. I just named my pouch Audrey II, because it makes sooooo much noise when I feed him (I think he thinks my name is Seymour LOL).

I started drinking shakes and soft foods right away. I know that I’m falling short of my protein intake if I don’t get my shakes. The main reason is that I really don’t feel to eat, and also I’m getting tired of them(shakes) as well,  so I’m going to try the protein waters and see how I do with that. I might be able to kill two birds with one stone( protein as well as fluid intake)
poet_kelly
on 9/18/11 10:13 am - OH
It is very important to get in 64 ounces of fluid during the day.  I'm not sure what you mean by drinking every two hours.  Are you saying you take a drink, then wait two hours to take another?  I don't see that working.

Things to eat - ricotta cheese with some spaghetti sauce (tastes like lasagna without the noodles), refried beans, cottage cheese, applesauce, pureed chili, pureed tuna salad or egg salad, sugar free pudding, protein shakes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BugdocMom
on 9/18/11 10:34 am - CA
Miso soup was a godsend for me during that stage. I would order a big to-go bowl from the local Japanese restaurant and nurse it for a few days. It provided fluids AND protein AND was so soothing!
lilbear412
on 9/18/11 12:49 pm - MN
 anything protein that can be pureed is what i was told.  I love refried beans with cheese heated up and some yogurt on top..greek yogurt.  I love my chix and pork in a fat free soup gravy pureed up.  Well i don't like them pureed up but they were good.  I haven't eaten much beef because its to hard to puree up.  I think i need to make some beef/barley soup.  I have had baked potatoe with cheese and sour cream even tho i was told "eating potatoes is letting bad habits in"...which i beg to differ but have only eatem them a few times.  coco wheats and cr. of wheats made with milk and then thinned with milk to get my milk in.  I am forever trying to ge****er in also and i know its important so i work on it constantly.  the last few days i have managed 6 glasses of water so i am proud of myself.  right now just trying to get down my 2nd bottle of the day..

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 232 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics