bad day

froggy2816
on 9/20/11 4:57 am - MD
just need to blow off steam.... having a bad day all around. im 12 days out, feel week, tired, absolutly no energy. Just feel blah. no appitate at all. Is it ok now and then to not eat  and just do fluids. Today would be one of those day. Had so much gas yesterday i wonder it that was the cause of my day. I just want to be a snake and crawl back into my hole and try again tomorrow.

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 9/20/11 5:04 am
Sorry you're having a bad day. Try to walk and get the gas out of your system. If you had a laproscopic procedure they pumped gas into your body to do the surgery. It has to work it's way out of your system and up and under your diaphram to be released. Walking is about the only thing that will make it get out faster and let you feel better. Walk alot, lots of water and you should be feeling better. Yes, it's ok to do fluids and not food at this point. We need the water so we don't get dehydrated, and we do have stored fat our body can use. (which is what we want so we can lose weight), but don't go too long without eating as per your doc's instructions. Hope you feel better.
Jen 10 yrs post op
AnneGG
on 9/20/11 5:12 am
The first couple of weeks are pretty darn tough, aren't they? I think your body is using most of its energy for healing.

Rest lots, do what you can especially with the fluids, and take gentle care of yourself.

It will get better!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 6:22 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Sounds like a good plan to me!  I also recommend "Nap as Needed", which is a great way
to make yourself feel better

Hugs,
PTM
on 9/20/11 7:17 am
One of the best pieces of advice I got before surgery was to sleep as much as possible afterward. Fortunately, I didn't have to return to work and my kids were in school, so I had the freedom to do it. Since my first 12-13 weeks were pretty miserable, I was grateful for being able to rest as much as I did.
Margaret   HW: 342    SW: 320    CW:  228    GW:  175    3          
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views