Fear of Regain.....

ladybugnessa
on 9/22/11 7:15 pm - Owings Mills, MD
our bodies often mistake thirst for hunger.  not just in WLS patients but in all people.  drink first eat second.

Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

SweetGirl11
on 9/21/11 5:33 pm
HAPPY SURGIVERSARY NESSA!!!

I hear ya with the regain fear!  I'm up 10 lbs from my lowest weight of 135 and 5 lbs up from my goal weight.  I DO look much better at 145 than I did at 135, but psychologically it freaks me out to see the higher number (especially because there is a part of me that wishes I could weigh 110).  I'm also freaked out by the amount of food I can eat.  In reality, it's not a huge amount of food, but compared to what I was eating in the early post-op days, it scares me sometimes.

Wishing you all the best in maintenance!  It can be a scary ride sometimes.

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

ladybugnessa
on 9/21/11 8:56 pm - Owings Mills, MD
thanks so much!

and I do get it about wanting to weigh one thing but looking sickly at it... I know that this morning at nearly 139  my sternum is showing...  my wrists are bony and if I got sick I have no fat reserves to help me.... I'm at a decent weight for my height.. I just keep hoping the padding will shift a bit...

I would love to weigh 125  but that's nearly 15 pounds and I don't have that to lose....

ever since my ulcer repair i can really chow down...  how sick is it that i almost wish for the ulcer back... (granted I was pretty symptom free till the perforation)

Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

AnneGG
on 9/21/11 10:59 pm
I'm pretty strict with my daily regimen, hopefully to avoid both regain and long term complications. I'm 5'3" and weigh 119 this morning. I weigh daily to keep myself honest and on track.

I'm loving my new lease on life, and sure don't want anything to mess it up! I like what Kelly said about acknowledging the fear and keep on working it!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 249 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics