Reason for no weight loss

berrixblonde
on 9/22/11 2:55 am - NY
I have been stuck at 196 for 2 weeks. It's taking a huge toll on my mood even though I know it shouldn't. It's hard to stay positive and tell myself the weight loss isn't over. My question is, I have been waiting for a refill on my synthroid and have not taken it in a week. Could that stall my weight loss?

I'm sorry for the repetitive topic, it'd be nice to hear that younto have been here...Nicole.
Pholaris
on 9/22/11 3:00 am
Having a Hypothyroid can slow down our metabolism and also for the average person can cause weight gain. Are you feeling tired yet? I think not having the proper levels of thyroid hormones in your system and too high TSH can definitely be a factor in your stall, although stalls are also common for almost everyone post op at different stages.

Not taking your thyroid med can be dangerous. Is there any way you can get it refilled ASAP?
Pregnancy%20ticker
CHELLEYGIRL
on 9/22/11 3:00 am - PALMDALE, CA
Ive been stuck as well, not liking it one bit. Definately puts a strain on my mood.  i figured when i started taking my thyroid meds again i would pick up the pace on my weight loss, but nothing...:(
So I too am up for any thoughts?? Sorry I couldnt be of any help for ya.

Michelle

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Pholaris
on 9/22/11 3:19 am
Back in April I had to be completely off by Synthroid (I have no Thyroid) in order to get Radioactive Iodine because they need the TSH levels to be high, so in other words they made me hypothyroid. This was for a couple of weeks. While I don't recall gaining weight during that time, I know I also didn't lose based on my weight chart that I keep, so it could be due to that, but then again it could be just a normal stall, or it could be related to the fact that I just had surgery a couple of weeks before that, I am really not sure.

I was 8-9 months out at that point, and I did resume weight loss after that. Then I hit a stall in June and that stayed the same until early this month.

Other than not taking the thyroid meds are you guys:
Eating all your protein?
Drinking enough fluids?
How many calories are you getting per day?
How many carbs are you consuming?
Are you working out?

All of these things can also factor on your wight loss. For example you can hit a stall if you are not consuming an adecuate amount of calories, or if you are consuming  a lot of carbs and not enough protein, or you are retaining water.
Pregnancy%20ticker
CHELLEYGIRL
on 9/22/11 3:24 am - PALMDALE, CA
I am getting in probably 50-70g of protein everyday, taking all my vitamins and meds drinking water, not really sure about the calories and carbs but im trying to stay away from breads, pasta stuff like that. i do walk everyday at least a mile. I hope it starts to pick up soon...  Thank you for the reply!

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Eliza55
on 9/22/11 5:21 am - PA
I had surgery the same day you did.  I stalled for about 3 weeks, and have just started losing again.  So we all have stalls, and it's part of the rollercoaster ride.  Just keep your exercise up, your protein high, and minimize the carbs.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

berrixblonde
on 9/22/11 3:40 am - NY
Pholaris- I was waiting for the doctornto authorize refills. I eat 1200 cals a day, no bread, pasta, rice, white flour etc. Always 60 grams of protein and over 64 oz of liquids. I have a treat on occasion but never go over calories.

My body hasn't lost steadily like others who loose 4 lbs a week. Since august 1st I am down only 14 lbs for a total of 88 down at 6 months. Is itpossible my body is done loosing? I still need to drop another 50 ish pounds...agh thanks for your input!
Pholaris
on 9/22/11 3:43 am
I don't think you are done losing, and there are a lot of folks who are "slow losers" I would contact your provider and ask again about the thyroid meds, I am surprised they are taking this long to authorize refills.

Many people on my support group have said that increasing their protein intake has helped them break out of stalls. Could you add an extra protein source a day? Maybe a snack or a shake?
Pregnancy%20ticker
Stephanie M.
on 9/22/11 4:32 am - Los Angeles, CA
 I'm not sure about the synthroid, but I have been stalled at 196 too! Also for two weeks LOL so I understand!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 325 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?