Down 20 lbs since surgery!! 9/9 and NSV's

Renee2be
on 9/23/11 1:02 am - NC
I am so excited.  20 lbs!!!!!!!!! 31 total including pre-op.  NSV's so far!!!!!!  Already had to go through closet and remove items that were to big!!  And even better!!  FIT INTO THINGS THAT have NOT in quite awhile!!!!!!!!  

Issues,  i know its only been 2 weeks and am on the full liquids/blended soft food stage.  I have been able to drink more past 2 days,  eating not so much, but i seem to have stalled at 230, i'll fluctuate .5 lbs.  I am figuring this is normal as i am sure i was somewhat dehydrated since surgery?

Also, so far i can tolerate most things.  I havent tried anything crazy or off the plan.

Also tried the YUMMO pumpkin cheesecake protein pudding recipe that was posted here.  OMG that is 2 bites of heaven.  Which these days its only 2 bites of anything!!!!!!!!!  lol.

How long before i can exercise?  What were you guys eating 2 weeks post-op?

M. Murphy
on 9/23/11 1:17 am
Congrats on the loss
I am 3 weeks out and just posted about something similar. No matter what I eat it makes my stomach hurt, some days are better than others but there are days that I feel awful after eating a bowl of soup. My Dr had me introduce food a week after my wls (8/30) seems a little premature but he said to try things and if it didn't go down well...to wait a few wks and try again.
I haven't started exercising yet, my incision area still hurts.
Renee2be
on 9/23/11 1:30 am - NC
I have been very lucky.  Bm's everyday, very lil nausea.  only discomfort i feel is if i eat to much or to fast, then i hurt.  Also the incision sites are tender.  My nut told me to do clears 10 -14 days to start adding things back as i could tolerate them.  So far so good on that, i have had things like Mashed potaotes,  soups, refreied beans,  soft scrambled eggs.  My new problem is i cannot STAND  G2 or Powerade.  Broth of any kind makes my whole body revolt at the thought.   oh, i have been able to do protein shakes as well 2 to 4 ozs at a time.

SouthernFriedIssues
on 9/24/11 8:37 am
Congrats on the weight loss!  You are ahead of me!  It took me 3 weeks to lose 20...but I guess I had that extra 10 lbs of fluid they pumped me full of in the hosptial (I gained 10 lbs in there)...so I guess if you count that lost 30 lol

I'm glad you are doing well.  My little complication has had my attention for 2 weeks and I've been having a hard time eating...I figure my body is sort of in a starvation mode...I am doing better with it now. 

Again, you are doing AWESOME!
Surgery date 8/31/2011 Starting Weight 278/ Surgery Weight 262 Current Weight 178
Goal Wht 165.....ONEDERLAND REACHED 1-27-12

~Women who behave themselves rarely make history~  
Renee2be
on 9/24/11 9:07 pm - NC
It has been the past couple of days that i could eat a lil and get close to my fluids in.  I have been stuck at 230 since monday but i think it is due mostly to being dehydrated and  now i am getting some fluids back in my body. So i am staying the same.  I am sorry the past 2 weeks have been so rough for you!!!  My main thing now is some varied abdomianl pain, and i get tired quickly.  No stamina at all.  Are you experiencing this?  When are you scheduled to go back to work?
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 252 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics