my weightloss has stalled

missgg
on 9/23/11 8:15 am
Ok I want to know why i have been between 248-250 lbs for the past 3 weeks? What are some tips you think i could use to start the wieght loss again ? I know i need to work out more i think i eat maybe 800-1000 calories aday  im trying to drink more water but that is hard any suggetstions on a menu or work out routine ? and another thing why is it that i cant eat chicken is any one having this problem and im 4 months out im thinking about giving myself more time and then trying it out again. thank you in advance for reading :)

GW356
on 9/23/11 8:35 am - Hackensack, NJ
RNY on 09/20/10 with
plataue or stall are normal.  they happen to me all the time.  I flipped out the first time it happened which wasa 3 months post op.  My Doc reassured me that nothing was wrong.  Take notice when the #s are not coming off the scale, you will probably notice changes in your body...like your clothes fitting looser. 
Keep drinking lots of water and make sure you get lots of protien in your diet.  Protein is the key to continued weight loss
FLJeepGirl
on 9/23/11 8:42 am
I honestly think there are certain ranges that are our bodies "Happy Place".  For instance, I just broke through my 240's Plateau...it seems every time (and like most of us there are many) that I lose weight that is the one weight range that is the hardest and  longest to break through.

Just keep doing what you are doing.  Eventually your body will catch up with you and start droping pounds again.  I think perhaps it gets confused and is trying to figure out what to do with itself :)
                      Leslie
       Lap-Band 4.11.08                                     RNY Revision 8.1.11
       HW 276/ SW 259/ LW 219                       HW 283/ CW 218

Day_dream_believer
on 9/24/11 1:04 am
I agree about the happy place.  I have been at 209-207 for the past month.  (97 pounds lost)  199 and the centrury mark are so close.  About 10 years ago I lost weight and stalled at the exact same place.  I couldn't get past 200.  That time I gave up.  This time I refuse. 

Paula F.
on 9/23/11 11:17 am - Rochester Hills , MI
I have been in a plateau since 1 wk after my surgery and am frustrated as well.  But, I just keep repeating to myself that it is temporary.  I won't be the first or only person to have ever only lost 12 lbs.  It is frustrating as heck, but the only way for me to get through it.

As for the chicken, maybe go back to puree stage with some broth in it to help it slide down?  My sis says some days you'll tolerate something and the next time not, and then be able to tolerate again.  So, perhaps it is a temporary issue for you?

poet_kelly
on 9/23/11 11:39 am - OH
Stalls are normal and they happen.  I would  try to keep the calories at 1000 or even a bit more, make sure you are getting a lot of protein, and get some physical activity.  If you're  having trouble getting enough fluids in, try setting an alarm to remind you to drink at certain times.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Loveshinesthru
on 9/23/11 11:41 am - Mesa, AZ
 Yes, I heard that If you dont get enough protein in you can stall. you might need to increase your protein with a shake for a snack. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

ahelen
on 9/23/11 11:42 am
I'm feeling the same frustration I have been dropping 4-5 pounds each week for the last four months (I do a cardio workout each morning, work with a fitness trainer 3x a week and stick to protein drinks/meat-mostly chicken, turkey and tofu and veggies. I have very little carbs (except lately a little chocolate, whole grain bread and salads with corn and lots of beans). I have stayed about 188/189 for the last four weeks (sometimes I went down to 186 and then back up to 188). I had surgery in February and other friends on this site (had surgery around the same time and weighed around 274 too) and  they're almost at their goal weight around 145/150. What do I need to do to start loosing again?????

D-J
on 9/23/11 11:56 am
Missgg you have the same surgery date i have,,we're only three months out,,and i have hit a few stall type periods in that time but while i wasn't losing lbs i was losing inches,I don't do workouts due to my arthritis,chicken is hard for alot of folks to digest at first,,i can't eat chicken breast but i can eat skinless chicken thighs i guess cause the meat is moister,,just keep following your paln believe me the weight will start coming off again you are by no means done,and try to get those fluids in, thats what flushes the fat out right?
missgg
on 9/24/11 4:59 am
Thank you all for all of your words of wisdom that did help me im just going to keep going and i will try drinking shakes more i stoped before because i hated them, but again thank you so much!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics