Did You Experience The Dreaded 3 Week Stall??

wynter57
on 9/23/11 6:06 am - Panama City, FL
Ok, the first month, I was very blessed and lost 30.5 lbs!

For the past week I've stayed the same, so I assume this is the dreaded three week stall.

I know everyone is different, just wanted to know if YOU experienced the three week stall and if so, how long did yours last?

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

_Donna_
on 9/23/11 6:10 am
It's not technically a stall but just your body adjusting to the trauma of surgery and its lack of nutrition.  It lasts a couple of weeks.

RNY 5-5-2011

Hillery82211
on 9/23/11 6:11 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
Yelp..this was my stall week as well.  Went to the doc expecting to see some more weight gone and got my bubble all busted.  So I'm focusing on my water and protein intake...lowering the carbs (good bye oatmeal) and walking daily.  Hopefully this won't last too long!

Good Luck !
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
lilbear412
on 9/23/11 6:24 am - MN
 Kind of...actually  i am working on week 5 post of. I noticed this week i have not moved much.  But i also got my TOM and my body that for the last 25 years has went #2 several times a day has now decided i don't need to do that anymore so its been about 4 days for that..hhmmm i got the old miralax on hand though.. lol  Sorry for the TMI...lol  Oh and i lost 36 lbs.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

browneyez611
on 9/23/11 6:24 am
Me too, although its only been a week and a half. Its annoying but I know it will pass Good luck!

Diana C.
on 9/23/11 6:57 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 06/28/11 with
Mine was at 3 weeks post op and lasted for nearly 3 weeks.  It was frustrating, but it will eventually end and the scale will keep moving.

Eliza55
on 9/23/11 7:17 am - PA
I'm finishing up a very slow time of weight loss which lasted about 2 or 3 weeks, and the scale is finally moving again.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

grego.phillips
on 9/23/11 8:13 am
Grego here. 6 years post op and doing great.

Stay off the scales!!!!!

The only time I get on the scales is if I put on my jeans and they seem more snug than the last time I wore them. Then I get on the scales, see that I have accidentally packed 5 pounds on, and go ahead and lose the 5 pounds before it turns into 10.

Now about losing weight after surgery. You WILL stall. When the scales stop going down, get out the tape measure. i would be willing to be you money that when the scales stop moving, the tape measure starts moving. When the tape stops the scales start. Your body will lose weight in a burst, and then stop in order for your skin to shrink and catch up. Then you lose some more weight, then more inches. That's just how the cycle goes. Just keep to your eating plan, don't sweat the small stuff, and enjoy it when you have to go and buy smaller jeans :)

I went from 425 pounds to 165 pounds. I have purposely gone up to around 185ish because I feel better and look healthier at that weight. Trust me, do what you are supposed to do, and the surgery will do what it is suppopsed to do.

Much love,

grego
Paula F.
on 9/23/11 11:28 am - Rochester Hills , MI
Wow, Grego!  Congratulations on your success!  What an awesome journey you have had.  I can be disciplined about my food, etc. but the darn scale calls to me every morning!
Jamie M.
on 9/23/11 8:20 am
Surgery buddy... I lost 30 pounds in the first 2 weeks and then since then... nothing... I've been in the 270s for like 2 weeks now.... I hope I start losing again soon!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views