Lost over 100 and now hip and back pain

LTewell
on 9/23/11 12:45 pm - indianapolis, IN
Has anyone else started having back pain and or hip pain after losing over 100 pounds?  My sister says it could be my body readjusting to my new weight....

LaToya S.
on 9/23/11 1:36 pm - Edwardsville, IL
Probably so---my husband thinks i will actually gain an inch or so in height after the weight comes off

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

macjuicy
on 9/23/11 2:03 pm - FL
Yeah i have lost about 65 so far and I have terrible posture now, I also cant sit for too long without my tailbone hurting.. I guess you take the good with the bad, I was told to try Yoga.

Good luck

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

kipz303
on 9/23/11 2:14 pm
I'm the same way - 250 lbs gone and my weight is being held by my mid back instead of lower back now...it's distributed totally different so my hips and back are totally messed up. I'm hoping my plastics will end up taking care of that. We shall see.

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

oblack1994
on 9/23/11 2:19 pm - vancouver, WA
Hey! I am down 80 plus and Yes my hips are hurting all the time! I am constantly watching my posture and streching all the time now. Hopefully it changes for the good once I lose more weight! Good luck with you...
YankeeRose
on 9/23/11 2:40 pm - Meadville, PA
I'm down 91 lbs and my back has been killing me! Usually it's my upper back but have had some lower back pain too. My tail bone also hurts if I sit for any length of time.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Price S.
on 9/23/11 9:49 pm - Mills River, NC
I've spent quite a bit of time with the chiropactor since losing weight and while losing it.  My body had to adjust to where the weight was no more and get rebalanced.  It helped going to him and getting adjusted.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

busy_blond
on 9/23/11 10:17 pm - Tyler, TX
I too went to the chiropractor for my post WSL back pain. It feels great now, I still go once every couple of weeks for an adjustment. Now my shoulder joints hurt all the time, not sure what that's about.
Leann

AnneGG
on 9/23/11 10:36 pm
I find regular stretching and exercise helps me so much. Water aerobics are good.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

SweetLilyAnn
on 9/23/11 11:13 pm - TX
This is so interesting. I thought it was just me.....my hips are killing me. Thanks for bringing it this subject up. I am swimming laps, three times a week and that helps.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 353 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 220 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics