True Confessions - Motrin

Jenn1973
on 9/24/11 1:16 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Everyone,

I am a bit concerned.  I have been very, very careful about my pain management meds since my RNY surgery 3 years ago.  I recently gave birth to a healthy baby boy and in the hospital I was given Motrin, despite my request for something different.  I was also given some other med to counteract the NSAID's impact on my sensitive pouch.  Now I am in a bit of a panic. I took a few more Motrins the week after my release from the hospital without the special drug they gave me in the hospital.  I blame my pregnancy/delivery haze for my not being careful.

If I caused any damage, how long would it take to appear?  What kind of ulcer should I be looking for and what symptoms will manifest?

Also, I am a bit of a hypochondriac, so I am likely worried for nothing.  Yikes!

Thanks
Jenn
poet_kelly
on 9/24/11 1:29 pm - OH
Symptoms of ulcers include stomach pain and nausea.  Hopefully it will be fine.  I'm sorry they weren't listeing to you in the hospital.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

seattledeb
on 9/24/11 3:59 pm
First off- Congrats on the birth of your little boy. Have fun!
Yes you shouldn't have taken motrin. Next time list it as an allergy. REFUSE to take it. If it's listed as an allergy the pharmacy won't even dispense it in the hospital.
What's done is done. I would not worry about the past and enjoy the boy!
Deb T.

Eliza55
on 9/24/11 9:24 pm - PA
Enjoy the baby boy  - that's fantastic!  One of the best NSVs that you can have

Most likely you are worried for nothing.  I would dispose of the Motrin, so you will not take it again, and get yourself some Tylenol. 
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Jenn1973
on 9/25/11 9:52 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Ladies,

It just felt good to get the use of Motrin off my chest!  Confession is so good for the soul.  Hoepfully things will be fine.  No more Motrin or NSAIDs for me!

Also, thanks for the "congrats!"  I am loving being at home with baby Julian.  He is amazing!

Have a great week!

Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?