exploratory surgery update

dlo2
on 9/25/11 10:21 am - Brandenburg, KY
One week ago I had exploratory surgery for unexplained abdominal pain.  They found several adhesions and the dr. told my husband that there was a space underneath the connections to the pouch that shouldn't have been there and they sutured it closed.  I don't really understand what he meant by that and I will follow up when I go back on the 4th of Oct.  I am recovering well from surgery and time will tell if that corrected the problem.  I have not had the pain this week but I am afraid to be to hopeful since this has been going on for over 18 months.  Rny in  sept. 2009, blockage in sept. 2010 and exporatory surgery Sept. 2011.  Maybe I will have better luck in Sept. 2012.

Eliza55
on 9/25/11 10:47 am - PA

I hope that the surgeon's additional work will fix the problem for good.  Take Care.

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

wynter57
on 9/25/11 11:14 am - Panama City, FL
I hope that you start feeling better now!

May I ask something? When they do exploratory surgery on you, is it open or lap?

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

dlo2
on 9/26/11 1:09 am - Brandenburg, KY
so far all the surgeries have been done lap. 
Kat Kat
on 9/25/11 6:17 pm - AZ
I am so happy to hear you're doing better. It seems like your doctor is on top of things now, so don't agonize about the future, just take one day at a time.

Kat

meyers8473
on 9/25/11 11:25 pm
I know what your going through I had the Roux en Y 11/2009 due to Barretts and ulcers, then 04/2010 They went in and removed the ulcer with revision, then 11/2010 I still was having pain and hurt to eat or drink so they did an exploratory and removed adhesion's, repaired the ventral hernia that was done in 2003, and removed edometreosis in my right lower abdomem as that is why I had a hysterectomy is from the endometresosis. No I am still battling pain right ribs all down right abdomen and right back pain, I do not have a gallbladder they have dome Ultra sounds, CT, and MRI nothing explains the pain. I have been doing research and found something called the Petersen's Hernia that Gastric Bypass patients can get due to over 100lb weight loss that causes pain and discomfort . I would ask your doctor if that is what he found. I am going back to the doctor and demanding another exploratory as I have had enough pain. I hope you get better soon

Wendy
dlo2
on 9/26/11 1:12 am - Brandenburg, KY
My question to my Dr. when I go back on the 4th is exactly what space were you talking about and was it a hernia.  My husband said he did not use the word hernia, but he also said the dr. mentioned that the intentines could have been entering the space.  that sounds like a hernia to me. 
waitingtoexhale69
on 9/26/11 2:26 am - IL
SO SORRY TO HEAR OF THESE COMPLICATIONS.  SOMETIMES IT'LL MAKE YOU WONDER ABOUT EVERYTHING SOMETIMES.  BUT I HOPE THEY FIND OUT WHAT IS CAUSING YOU THE PAIN.  PAIN CAN JUST ALTER YOUR ENTIRE DAY AND YOUR MOOD.  I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I HAD PAIN FOR 2 WEEKS FOLLOWING SURGERY AND I FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO JUST LOOSE MY MIND.  SO  TAKE GOOD CARE, I'LL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS. KEEP US UPDATED AND TELL YOUR HUSBAND HE'S DOING A GREAT JOB INCARING FOR YOU AND BEING THERE AS WELL.

dlo2
on 9/26/11 3:54 am - Brandenburg, KY
I am very fortunate, my husband has been there for me through all 3 surgeries.  He is great and a keeper.  thanks for the kind words.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics