RH?

azreggie
on 9/27/11 8:57 am - Tucson, AZ
Yesterday my glucose dropped to 49.  That's the lowest I've ever seen it.  Scared me.  I know I've had this for a while but I didn't think it would get to this level.  I guess I have to watch what I eat with a little more vigilence.

Reggie

poet_kelly
on 9/27/11 12:08 pm - OH
Mine almost never gets that low but it does drop too much if I eat carbs without any protein.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

seattledeb
on 9/27/11 1:44 pm
I'll bet you felt like crap.
That's really really low.
The problem  with mine is when it happens it kinda messes up the whole day. It's like being on a bad glucose roller coaster.
Was there a particular food that triggered this? Too long between meals?
Take care girl!
Deb T.

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 7:55 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Eat a little more often and make it protein first.

With our surgery, it's all to easy NOT to eat, when that is (almost) the worst thing we can do
to ourselves.

Good luck!
azreggie
on 9/28/11 1:52 am - Tucson, AZ
You know, we had lunch at Culver's (half a burger) then I had half of a small soft serve.  I'll bet anything it was a rebound from the sugar.  Probably spiked my glucose and then tanked it.  I just find it so interesting since I had eaten protein(burger) with it.  Maybe I'm just getting a real sensitivity to any kind of sugar. I don't know, but I won't be doing that again.   Thanks for all the responses.

Reggie

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 3:58 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Sugar has a much greater effect on our endocrine system than just a complex carb.  That's
why it's so toxic.

There's nothing like a negative learning experience!

Best wishes 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 373 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 82 views