Citracal Petites

bomoni727
on 9/27/11 9:26 am - MN
 Who on here takes Citrecal Calcium Citrate+D Petites and are they okay to take?
Bralen
on 9/27/11 9:47 am
I don't take the petites, just the Citrical regulars. They are fine to take just make sure that you look closely at how many you need to take to meet your requirements. I take 6 of the regular Citrical per day so I assume you'd have to take more of the petites.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
Jessica A.
on 9/27/11 9:54 am - Auburn, AL
 I've been taking them since my surgeon cleared me for pills which was about 6 weeks post-op.  I would just double check with your surgeon.  Even the petites are kind of huge to me so I got this bright idea to cut them in half.  Bad bad idea.  All it did was make a sharper edge on them and I was constantly getting them stuck in my throat.  I just take them whole now.  Much easier.

kipz303
on 9/27/11 10:01 am
I take 2 of them...3 times a day

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

bomoni727
on 9/27/11 11:02 am - MN
 when do you take your multis.  i have a coworker who had the surgery and she said that she takes her chewables both at bed time but shouldn't they be taken earlier in the day to get the benefit of the chewables?  i need to start taking my calcium tomorrow and just want to make sure that i take all these pills correctly.
poet_kelly
on 9/27/11 11:22 am - OH
You will get the benefit of the chewables whenever you take them.  However, you can only absorb about 500 mg calcium at one time so you can't take all your chewable calcium at one time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rbb825
on 9/27/11 4:13 pm - Suffern, NY
That isnt nearly enough calcium.  The petites are only 200mg per tablet and we need to take a minimum of 1500 mg per day and preferably between 1500-2000mg per day, no more than 650mg per dose.  So, with the petites, you need to take 3 at a time. It is the regulars or maximums that you only need to take 2 at a time.]

How are your calcium, vitamin D and PTH levels?  I tend to think your PTH level is probably a bit high.

bomoni727
on 9/27/11 10:04 am - MN
 Thanks everyone for your replies.  I will take two of them 3 times a day and hope to goodness they don't get stuck in my throat.  Are you suppose to take them before your first multi of the day or after?
LJ1972
on 9/27/11 10:44 am - FL
It depends on if your multi has iron... calcium and iron fight each other for absorption.

When I was taking Citracal petites I would put them in just enough water to dissolve them, give a little squirt of Mio and bottoms up.
poet_kelly
on 9/27/11 11:21 am - OH
They are OK to take.  Each one has 200 mg calcium, so you would need a total of eight to ten a day.  Well seven and a half to ten a day, but I'd round it up to eight.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 246 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics