Citracal Petites

bomoni727
on 9/27/11 11:54 am - MN

The bottle says to take 1-2 at a time.  So I was planning on taking 2 of them 3 times a day which would only be six and take my multi twice a day.  I usually take a multi when I get up in the morning and 1 when I go to bed.
poet_kelly
on 9/27/11 11:56 am - OH
Two of them three times a day only gives you 1200 mg calcium, though, and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery says we need 1500-2000 mg calcium citrate a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bomoni727
on 9/27/11 12:40 pm - MN
 You are correct.  So, I will be taking 3 of them 3 times a day.  I looked at my instructions from the nutritionist and that is what it says to do.  Thanks for being there for us with these things Kelly.  It's much appreciated.  I would be pretty lost without this site.
rbb825
on 9/27/11 4:16 pm - Suffern, NY
if you are going to take the petites, you need to take 3 - 3 times per day, they only have 200mg per tablet.  Yes, the bottle says dosage is 2 tablets but that is for a person that hasnt' had WLS.  We  need 1500-2000mg per day, and taking 9 tablets per day will give you 1800mg.

kipz303
on 9/27/11 4:37 pm
I've been going by what my nut and surgeon have been telling me to take. GRR ...so when do surgeons decide that the asmbs guidelines need to be given to patients? No wonder my labs are wonky..their NUT never updates it I guess...gonna up it to 3x3. Thanks guys.

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

poet_kelly
on 9/27/11 5:27 pm - OH
I think we should all ask our surgeons why they do not give us the ASMBS guidelines.

Here's something really crazy.  The ASMBS names bariatric surgery centers as Centers of Excellence.  However, Centers of Excellence are not required to provide patients with the ASMBS nutritional guidelines.  I think it's nuts that they can tell you to take Flintstones and Tums and still be considered a Center of Excellence.

I have written the ASMBS asking why they do not require Centers of Excellence to provide patients with their nutritional guidelines but apparently they did not feel the issue derserved any time or attention whatesoever.  They never replied to my letter.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kipz303
on 9/27/11 5:43 pm
Now my surgeons office did tell us that flinstones are inappropriate lol I gotta give them that.  However the nut sure leaves more to be desired ..I get more informational help from here and wlsvitagarten! I always double check but ..even my primary who has hardly any experience with post RNY care seems to know more than my NUT does. Good thing most of us take the initiative to research on our own!

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

pouch_potato
on 9/28/11 2:58 am - PA
I'm so glad you posted this. I misread the label and thought each one had 400 mg, whoops! Time to triple up.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Notes:
poet_kelly
on 9/28/11 6:18 am - OH
I absolutely hate they way they label calcium because lots  of people make the same mistake.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 6 views
Recent Topics