RANT.... YES I need to lose 5 pounds GET OFF MY BACK

Brazilnut2
on 9/28/11 2:05 am - TN
Wow, great points! 

I remember being forlorn in college, a 5" 8", weighing 134.  Of course, today, what I wouldn't give to have the body I had in college!  Still, the scenario after college was the same for me: five extra pounds turned into 10.  When I reached 155 and got married, it quickly became 160, 180, etc.  With my second pregancy, I was up to 199.  After that, I lived in the 200s and never could seem to stay out of that range.

I also agree about the comment that we need to be sensitive (I'm pointing the finger at myself, here.) about commenting on weight loss around those who struggle with their own obesity...because we've all been there and know how THAT feels, right?

There are cultures where  a person's weight/obesity is an open topic of discussion by others.  Our culture frowns upon that and I, for one, am certainly glad!  My weight gains and losses are NOT up for discussion.  For me, it is a very private battle...one that I'm glad I can share with my husband and rather semi-anonymously with all  of you who know the journey and can understand.
boomsheeka01
on 9/28/11 2:47 am - Killeen, TX
I agree!!!   When I weighed 300 pounds I wanted to slap a skinny person for saying they wanted to lose 5 pounds....but now I see that they are the smart ones! Take care of the issue while it small so you dont end up 300 pounds!!  :)

By the way..... HI!!!!!!!!!     I haven't talked to you in a hot minute! Hope all is well (besides the stupid 5 pounds!)  
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

ladybugnessa
on 9/28/11 2:50 am - Owings Mills, MD
hey there STRANGER!

the 5 pounds are less than a week old...easier to say goodbye to new fat than old fat that's been hanging around getting comfy....

hopefully a week or two should do it.,,,, if not then I panic.
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

D-J
on 9/28/11 5:23 am, edited 9/28/11 5:24 am
i used to feel the same way,, when some one skinny said they needed to lose 5 lbs and there i was standing weighing 2something eying them from feet to head and thinking it was an insult,,it was hard to not feel that way when you know deep down inside you would have given your eye teeth to be at the weight they were,in my way of thinking it was like,if they wanted to lose just 5 lbs that bad how could they not know how desperate i was,,,, it truley is all in a relevance of sensetivity and empathy for your fellow person both ways,, Good luck and God speed those pounds off of you,,LOL
hlacy
on 9/28/11 3:50 pm - Chandler, AZ
LOL, your post title reminded me of one of my favorite Chris Farley SNL clips - to which I am sure we can ALL relate!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YfvBbxE1vU
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

dasie
on 9/28/11 8:44 pm

Could not agree with you more.  Ever 4 days I am out of town.  It has screwed up my plan royally.  I weighed when I got home last night, and I am up, again, 4 pounds.  I keep battling the same 4 pounds.  I understand.  I read a post by someone whose friend had RNY years before she did, but her friend gained back all her weight.  The poster asked what happened.  Her friend told her, "don't let 5 pounds turn into 50!"  Scary stuff.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics