Blood sugar is very low ...

samsander
on 9/28/11 4:39 pm - CA
I am not experiencing any symptoms (that I know of) but my husband, a diabetic, was testing his sugar and I had him test mine,,,, I had 44 mg/dl.

Does anyone know what that means???

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

kipz303
on 9/28/11 5:08 pm
if you're not experiencing any symptoms with it showing THAT low then I'd test again...sometimes you can get a false reading simply by not cleaning your finger properly or if you cleaned it and it wasn't dry yet etc.  Its different for everyone but I'm thinking with a result of 44 you would DEF. feel more than one symptom. Personally, if mine gets below 80 I start to get a headache..below 75 I get dizzy...below 70 ..just don't bother talking to me unless you have food to give me LOL

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

poet_kelly
on 9/28/11 5:36 pm - OH
Yeah, I would test it again.  I can't believe it would be that low and you would not feel it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

M M
on 9/29/11 1:11 am
Um.

Are you in a coma this am?

Please update.
samsander
on 9/29/11 1:38 am - CA
Just woke up.... Going to test it now.

samsander
on 9/29/11 1:44 am - CA
Just retested and got a 98 (fasting),

I also retested last night but it was consistently between 42 and 44.

STRANGE!!!!!!

poet_kelly
on 9/29/11 2:43 am - OH
That is strange.  You might wanna check it a few times over the next few days to see if it does anything else weird.

You probably also want to make sure you're eating protein at every meal or snack and very little (if any) starchy white carbs.  That, plus eating every three hours or so, is usually the best way to keep your blood sugar from dropping like that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

samsander
on 9/29/11 2:49 am - CA
I will.... Thanks Kelly.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?