3 weeks post op friday, no energy, no appetite, and not losing

Renee2be
on 9/28/11 1:20 pm - NC
Hi Guys!  I lost 21 lbs in the first 2 weeks then nothing the past week.  I know i was a lil dehydrated, and have chalked it up to that.  I can eat a lil more and as long as its ground up enough about anything i want.  "except sugar"   I still cant get enough protein or fluids in.  Past couple of days i have gotten my supplements and meds down.  But no energy,  i am trying to take my walks daily and should be adding some cardio at this point,  but like today.  We go and walk the mall, (HOT HERE)  I couldnt make it without setting,  then Dh went into wal-mart and i am crashed out in the car when he gets back.  We come home and i sleep for 3 hours.  Am i expecting to much o f my self?  When post-op did your energy return.  I calle dmy doc this morning an am taking another week off of work,  Was scheduled to go back monday. 10/03.

I have read the other posts and the lapse of weightloss im not really worried about at this point as it seems natural a few weeks after surgery as our bodies are adjusting.  The lack of energy though is concerning me a lot.

Any advice , tips?  Just ride it outs?

poet_kelly
on 9/28/11 1:22 pm - OH
If you are not getting enough fluids or protein, you are going to be tired.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Renee2be
on 9/28/11 1:33 pm - NC
I am really trying,  but its like mission impossible to get the fluids in.  I am going to try getting 2 shakes down a day starting tomorrow.  And up the fluids.  

Any tricks?  Also found out i cant have the decaffeinated tea, due to tantric acid,  this is one fluid i could tolerate well.

poet_kelly
on 9/28/11 1:42 pm - OH
Why can't you have the tanic acid, at least in moderation?

Try drinking an ounce of something every 10 or 15 minutes.  Set a timer if you need to.  Carry your drink around everywhere with you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

eunicemaythompson1

on 9/28/11 1:38 pm - WA
you might be low on iron aswell
Renee2be
on 9/28/11 1:45 pm - NC
Kelly,  Thats a good idea.  I'll try that.  I hav ebeen thirsty,  not hugnry at all, i have to eat by the clock.

Eunice,  Good point!  I need to check my supplements to see how much iron i am getting, that was a problem for me post op.

Thanks you guys!!!
kellyl1202
on 9/29/11 2:01 am
I started taking b-12 this week and seems to be helping my energy level a little. I'm going back to work next week but I'm afraid I will be exhausted though.
SouthernFriedIssues
on 9/30/11 11:21 am
Hey Girl,

I am one month out today and I FINALLY am getting more energy.  As you know, I struggled for really three weeks.  I had to literally FORCE myself to get at least 2 shakes in a day and to get more fluids.  PLEASE take your vitamins...that's so important.  You have beautiful hair..just imagine it all in your sink and bathtub...that motivates me to take my vitamins and drink that second shake.  I do it right before bed...every night.

Hang in there...I really thought I'd never get better....but I did...and you will too!

We're goingto make it!!  Just think how killer we'll be next summer.

Sharon

Surgery date 8/31/2011 Starting Weight 278/ Surgery Weight 262 Current Weight 178
Goal Wht 165.....ONEDERLAND REACHED 1-27-12

~Women who behave themselves rarely make history~  
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?