Acidophilus probiotic...what if you DON'T "refrigerate after opening"?

Kristi D.
on 9/29/11 6:28 am - Buffalo, NY
I have been using a brand from a local drug store that has each pill in one of those individual blister things where you pop it out the back when you're ready to take it.  Well, I saw a post on this board about a big sale from Puritan's Pride, so I bought 3 bottles.  I opened one and have been taking it daily for about a month.  Last night I was looking at the bottle and in tiny little letters at the very bottom it says refrigerate after opening.  Obviously I think if this is important it should be written more prominently on the bottle, but anyway, what now?  Can this "go bad"?  Should I throw that bottle out? 

Kristi

HW:276   SW:255   CW:201  LW:165  GW:140

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/29/11 6:36 am
Live bacteria. They die.  so the qty iin each capsule is less.  But they are still OK.
i.e. lists 5 Bilions - after 1 month - some will die so yu may get 4 or 3 or 1 bilion.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kristi D.
on 9/29/11 9:23 am - Buffalo, NY
Good to know.  Thanks.  I just got home from work and put the bottle in the fridge.

Kristi

HW:276   SW:255   CW:201  LW:165  GW:140

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 211 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?