How much

msjkk2020
on 9/29/11 3:48 am - Eufaula, OK
How many ounces and calories per day is everyone eating???

raesan
on 9/29/11 4:12 am - WI
 am eating an average of 700 800 cal per day. I have never been instructed to weigh my food, but if I look at the recommendations for a portion of meat, I eat about 1/3 of that size, or about 2 oz. I would like to know how many people weight their food, and how many ounces do you eat? Also, what are your total carbs for the day.So sorry to piggyback your question, but its really interesting to me to somehow average all of the advice that we've been given.
poet_kelly
on 9/29/11 4:26 am - OH
I don't weigh my food, I measure it by volume.  Weighing it doesn't really make sense to me.  My pouch is a container that can hold a certain volume of food.  I eat about a cup at a time.

I don't count carbs.  I limit the starchy stuff like bread and rice but eat lots of other carbs like beans and dairy products.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Day_dream_believer
on 9/29/11 4:56 am

I don't count calories.  I am 5 months out and eat 3 oz of food at a time.  Up until a few weeks ago I was eating 2 oz per meal.  My Nut suggested I start to increase it at around 5-6 months.

steve D.
on 9/29/11 4:14 am - West Fargo, ND
What did your surgeon instruction you to do?  Have you seen a nutritionist?  At your stage, I only focused on grams of protein, (still do for the most part).  The rest comes with time.  Weigh and measure your portions, log your portions and you will be fine.

Good Luck
Steve

msjkk2020
on 9/29/11 4:21 am - Eufaula, OK
I am still currently eating about 4 ounces a day at 9 months post op. I do log my meals and still weigh my food if it is something I don't eat frequently....can pretty much guess how much to eat of the same old foods I eat day after day..... I only seen dietitian prior to surgery and I'm fixing to lose my insurance for a few months since I am switching jobs to work around my school schedule....was just trying to get a little input to see how far off track I am... Thanks

poet_kelly
on 9/29/11 4:24 am - OH
I eat six times a day most days, about one cup of food at a time.  I get about 1500 calories a day.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

msjkk2020
on 9/29/11 4:27 am - Eufaula, OK
I see you are almost 3 yrs. out, have you continued to lose weight? I am losing very very slow pound wise, but have lost a tremendous amount of inches....don't understand how it is possible but my clothes don't lie......I just don't want to mess up such a wonderful thing...

poet_kelly
on 9/29/11 4:39 am - OH
I lost for about 18 months.  At that point I was almost 20 pounds below my goal weight and I did not want to lose anymore so I had to make an effort to increase my calories.  I stayed at that weight for about a year.  Just recently I was on a medication that is known to cause weight gain and I gained eight pounds.  I'm not on that med anymore so I don't expect to gain any more.  I'm not sure if I'm going to try very much to lose those eight pounds or not, since I am still ten pounds under my goal.

msjkk2020
on 9/29/11 4:43 am - Eufaula, OK
I really appreciate your input...

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 483 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 344 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 179 views