Veggies with Seeds, Are They Ok?

wynter57
on 9/29/11 6:03 am - Panama City, FL
I have just started on my first salad since surgery. I am 5.5 weeks out and my goodness, I've been craving this and I love it.

I've seen stuff posted about seeds. Like seeds in tomatoes and cucumbers?

Is there a reason that one cannot eat those things with seeds in them?

So far, I've been very blessed and have not thrown up one time! (felt like it with protein shakes since the taste is beyond sickening to me), but even then I did not actually throw up.

Just want to enjoy my salad without worrying about seeds! lol

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

Alice P.
on 9/29/11 7:13 am
I had no restrictions on seeds and no problems, I know some people had restrictions on tomatoes but I thought that was because of the acidity, but again I was permitted them once on a regular diet.
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

glzgowlass
on 9/29/11 7:15 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Well I can only go with what my instructions were from surgeon's office.  But they were very specific about no salads.  No fruit with seeds.  No citrus with membranes.  I think it is in case the seeds get stuck along where scar tissue is forming.  I enjoyed salad, but I am staying away for now.

I was told to eat mushy food only until I am 8 weeks out. Each meal should be 2 T protein and up to 2T of veg/fruit.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

hlacy
on 9/29/11 8:31 am - Chandler, AZ
I had no restrictions specifically on seeds; just no raw veggies and to skin any fruits (like apples, cucumbers, etc.).
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

LJ1972
on 9/29/11 7:36 am - FL
yeah I had restrictions on tomatoes because of acidity. I was also restricted from berries because of the seeds, citrus and its membranes and fruit peels. I am 6wks out now and had my follow up today -cleared for all of those now.
exohexoh
on 9/29/11 8:38 am - West Chester, PA
 my restrictions with fruits and veggies were pretty much just, if it bothers you, don't eat it. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Nessy2976
on 9/29/11 10:53 am - MD
 I went for my 6 week check up today and was told to start adding many new foods.  I have been eating tomatoes and have been fine.  I had carrots, cucumbers and celery today, no problems. It was so good too!!!!!! I love love love raw veggies and have missed them terribly, so I was so excited to be able to have them again. I also had olives...yum! The biggest thing I think is chewing....you must chew well.
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
Dan OBrien
on 9/30/11 12:04 am - FL
I started early on the cucumbers...love them to death.  No issues whatsoever.  Used tomatoes early out too.

If you're worried right now, just halve the cucumbers first and run a spoon down the centers and get the seeds out. 
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 451 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404