Ok, I know it's cliche but if I can't whine about my stall here then where can I?

Kristi D.
on 9/30/11 12:57 am - Buffalo, NY

Pretty much all summer I was in a stall that lasted over 2 months.  Then I dropped around 12 pounds in about 2 weeks and noe I have been stalled for almost a month again!!  I am almost 8 onths out and I know that the loss is going to slow down now, but I am doing everything right and not seeing any results!!  I am getting all my protein, fluids and between 1000-1200 calories a day.  I record everything I eat on myfitnesspal.com and even that is telling me I should be losing even if I was absorbing all the calories!!!!  I am extrememly frustrated right now.  I am also in the midst of quitting smoking (again) and I think I need my antidepressant dose adjusted (although the lack of success is probably not helping that either).  UGGGHHHH!!!!

OK, pity party over.  Thanks for "listening".

Kristi

HW:276   SW:255   CW:201  LW:165  GW:140

Cleopatra_Nik
on 9/30/11 1:02 am - Baltimore, MD
Girl, you inspired a post...hold on one sec...
D-J
on 9/30/11 1:09 am
I know how frustrating it can be and i feel for you hun,but you know the drill,,,LOL ,,your considered a lightweight,,the less weight you are when you begin this journey the slower you lose,,not sure exactly why,,but i'm sure someone here will chime in on it,,just keep doing what your doing maybe change up some things and see if that re-kicks your matabolism into moving again.
KatCooper
on 9/30/11 1:45 am - Collierville, TN
 Looks like you are doing everything just right.........except, I didnt see anything about exercise in your post.  Can you increase your activitiy a bit.  Exercise is also helpful for the depression aspect too!  I dont like doing it, but my body and head feels better after I walk for an hour or so.  
Keep the faith, it will pass!!!!  

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Kristi D.
on 9/30/11 2:10 am - Buffalo, NY
Yeah, I have been slacking ont he excercise lately.  I will admit it.  I feel like I haven't really had a lot of time and between the depressiona nd the cigarette cravings I have been sleeping alot.

Kristi

HW:276   SW:255   CW:201  LW:165  GW:140

wisaluv
on 9/30/11 2:40 am - Pueblo, CO
I think stress can also hold on to weight.  And you sound stressed.  Definately try a walk and breathe and just know you are in control and your doing things right.

Day_dream_believer
on 9/30/11 5:39 am
Everyone needs a pity party every now and then. 

I am in awe of anyone that can quit smoking.  My beautiful mother who could do anything in the world tried so many times but was never successful.  I saw how stressful it was for her to quit.  My dad was able to quit.  He said 30 years later he would still dream about it.  (((hugs)))

I have been in a stall for the last month as well.  I think it may have broken yesterday as I am down 2 pounds.  (fingers crossed, but I will believe it when it continues.)  The only thing I have found to break a stall for my is exercise.  I upped my exercise this week and it has really made a difference.  I was talking to my personal trainer and she emphasized how important it is to change things up.  Instead of running do the elliptical and swim.   Some days exercise for 90 minutes and other days exercise for 30.  I think of it as keeping my body confused.  I wonder if the same works for food. 

Good luck and hang in there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?