help,black and maroon bowel movement,,gross post

D-J
on 10/2/11 10:57 pm
was constipated over the weekend and it finally broke loose yesterday morning and i was like ""yes"" but then when i wiped i thought ok i pushed really hard so that is why there would be blood on the paper,and turned around to flush i knew i was in trouble,,black and maroon bm and very gross smelling,toilet full of blood,it continued on thruout the day although not as much but runny stringy,, of course whenever i drink anything it prompts my bowels to move or pas gass and always there is a type of mashed beet color and consistency foam every time i wipe,,am waiting for my surgeon to call me back but my pcp already told me to head to the er,,so that is what i will be doing,,has anyone had anything like this ,,i am not in pain alittle cramping and dizziness but nothing real great,,

I know this is gross but i would appreciate anyfeed back..
Carla M.
on 10/2/11 11:04 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Don't wait for responses....ER now!!!!

That much blood is not a good sign. Cramping and dizzzy...also not good signs.

Please keep us informed of your health, but don't wait any longer to go to the hospital.
laura_vermont
on 10/2/11 11:07 pm
Agreed -- if you haven't left for the ER yet, get moving.  You are too far out for this to be even remotely normal.

Take care!
Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

AnneGG
on 10/2/11 11:43 pm
Another vote for the ER. Or at least call your PCP ASAP!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

poet_kelly
on 10/2/11 11:54 pm - OH
ER.  Maybe a bleeding ulcer, or something else serious.

Let us know how you're doing when you can.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rbb825
on 10/3/11 4:07 pm - Suffern, NY
I hope all turned out okay.  Please keep us posted.

Loveshinesthru
on 10/3/11 4:13 pm - Mesa, AZ
 Yes, keep us posted we are worried about you!

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Day_dream_believer
on 10/3/11 11:26 pm
I've been thinking about you all night.  Let us know how you are doing.

Gail P.
on 10/5/11 11:14 pm - Lakeland, FL
Glad you are ok. You did the right thing, and was proactive in your own care.   I assume you have a great surgeon he is following up on you.   

I had a ulcer at 13mos post op,  I had a bad experience with mine.  I had stomach pain every few days,  I went to ER they blew me off , back then they did not know what to do with RNY people.   I contacted my Surgeon 2 hrs away,he suspected gall bladder, he was out of town so I made appointment for when he got back. By the next day,  I started feeling weak at work and faint.  No pain.  Just passed out and rushed to ER.  I had several blood transfusions.  It healed but he was afraid it will 
come back.   My ulcer was in the part of stomach not used, apparently from the stomach acid that leaks thru there. I also had a hernia near my  belly button causing pain.  So I ended up having surgery in 1991,  Vagotomy.  apparently they cut my stomach lining to prevent the acid.  The good thing i I had my gbladder removed , hernia fixed,  tummy tuck at same time.  
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 545 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 529 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 417 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 131 views
Recent Topics