We all go at a different pace....

SavingGrace
on 10/4/11 10:12 am
I had my surgery was on May 23, and I have worked very hard to follow all the rules. I eat the right things, I take my vitamens, I get my protein in, and run roughly 3-5 miles a day... A very good friend of mine had her surgery on February 14, and she is only 11 pounds from her goal... Sometimes I feel like this is taking forever.. My friend has been able to loose all of her weight with just food monitoring. I monitor my food, but had hoped with working out daily that it would go away faster.. not true...  Envy is a terrible thing, I am very happy for her but I am so envious of the place she is... I want to be there!

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/11 10:27 am - Santa Cruz, CA
You have been building muscle.  I'll bet you're wearing a really nice size of clothes.

She probably envies you to pieces!

Don't dwell on her success--pay attention to your own life.  You can't live your life by her rules.

Good luck!
Debra P.
on 10/4/11 10:29 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 That is exactly how I feel about you.   I envy you !!  You have had your surgery and I am still trying to get to pre op goal weight so I can have mine.  See... you are not alone !!   

shannon0731
on 10/4/11 11:38 am - LA
Every body is different. Losing slow, your body has time to recover and you probably won't have lots of loose skin.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe you are eating too little. A girl from my group started to slow down her loss when her activity level went up. she started eating a few more calories (1 or 2% milk instead of skim, for example) and her weight loss restarted. But if you are losing and not just standing still, then that is all you can ask for. I'm down 40 pounds in 3 months--a friend is down that much in 2! We are all different!  Congrats on your success so far and your continued success!!
I'm Ready!

SavingGrace
on 10/4/11 11:59 am
Thanks guys, I know you're all right! There is always someone where you wanna be and someone to wants to be where you are.. The grass is always greener right ... Told you envy is a terrible thing!! Yes Lynn my clothes do feel so good, I have went from a 26 to a 14. And Shannon, your weight loss is awesome!! I'm not exactly standing still... The way my body seems to work is I am fine for 2 weeks loose like 15 pounds then the week of my "cycle" and week after I stall.. Its been that way since the beginning so I don't really get to upset about it, I expect it.. You know how it is when you start a diet, you buy the workout dvd ,and buy the lean cuisines the weight should just go away right?? LOL! I think I am eating enough, but like many other people read about I have found that food disgusts me! Sometimes just looking at food makes me wanna barf.. But I set my timer and usually can manage to eat something, some kind of cottage cheese, fruit. Not many regular foods make me sick... I dont do anything with sugar, actually I don't even do sugar free (sugar alcohol gives me an upset stomach)... I just feel like if I eat then I'm failing, I feel like I just need to try harder to not be hungry.. I know sounds nutty, but I have ended up making food an enemy...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 385 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 335 views