Sure wish this stall would go away....

sarinajean
on 10/7/11 12:06 am - MA
Its been 2 weeks and my mind is playing tricks on me like I failed the surgery or I'm not doing enough. I think im going to hide my scale for a while. I admit it I am addicted.

poet_kelly
on 10/7/11 12:42 am - OH
I think hiding the scale is a good idea.  Stalls happen.  It's just they way weight loss works.  It doesn't mean you failed or are that you did something wrong.  It just means you're  normal.  If that stresses you, staying off the scale is the best thing you can do.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Msberry79
on 10/7/11 1:10 am - Tampa, FL
I'm so with you on this... I've been stalled for over 3 weeks and I'm only 7 weeks post-pot.  Very discourage but I'm addicted to the scale as well.  I myself was looking to see what else I could do to get past this. 

sarinajean
on 10/7/11 1:15 am - MA
I just keep reminding myself. Its only been 5 months. I still got 7-13 more months left to lose the rest. Its really the mentality and maybe some fear of being obese forever. We will get there eventually. Ive hit alot of stalls but this has been the longest.

Hillery82211
on 10/7/11 1:44 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
I'm 6 weeks (I'll be 7 weeks on Monday) post-op and in a stall as well...and it's killing me softly!!!  The scale hasn't moved a LICK....not one freaking bit in over a week.  I'm trying to resist the urge to go back to all shakes because my mind is telling me "if I stop eatting the scale will start moving".  It's not even like I'm eatting THAT much....its a small fraction of what I could eat pre-op, but it seemed like when I was on the liquid diet, the pounds were flying off.

*sigh*....time to hide my scale.
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Jameen G.
on 10/7/11 2:04 am - NC
Shhhhhhh ... I don't want to say this too loud, but the voice inside my head is whispering to me that i failed the WLS. I too have been in a stall for 3 weeks now.  I might step on the scale every two or so weeks ... for me ... I am scared to step on the scale.  I don't want to be disappointed. Yes, i have lost inches, yes i can fit into some clothes that i couldn't before, yes i do have NSV ... yes, yes, yes!

Logically, I know this too shall pass, but I wish the voice would shut- up!

OK ... I guess I needed to get that out ... (smile) ... done now!

jameen (take a minute to smile ...)

Mrsz
on 10/7/11 2:41 am
Looks like we have a little stall club going on right now. I had surgery not too long after you sarinajean (5/20/11). You are about 14 lbs ahead of me in weight loss and I have now been stalled for 3 weeks so far. I probably wouldn't have had such a hard time adjusting, but my surgeon gave me a goal to hit by Nov. I'm a long way off from that goal and I tend to be pretty "Type A" about everything. I have had to remind myself every day that I am doing all that I am supposed to do (tracking my food, exercising, watching what and how much I eat, drinking water and protein, etc.). Eventually our little club will once again begin loosing pounds and life will be good. Just keep up the good work and know that you are most definitely not alone.
Zombie
on 10/7/11 2:49 am, edited 10/7/11 2:51 am
Well these stalls are gonna happen, you will experience them at times when you really don't want them, like when you are getting close to goal weight. It's normal. It's your body reacting to the stress that has been placed on it. It is adapting and has to work through the change before it starts going again. I don't know if that makes sense, but these are normal and you didn't do anything or you are not doing anything wrong. Just hang in there, keep doing what you are doing, and um yeah, hide the scale for like 2 weeks and then you will see a difference. Good luck.

~Paul~

sarinajean
on 10/7/11 3:03 am - MA
Glad to see I am not alone. I know the stalls are normal but i think its a lil post tramatic stress..LoL...I dont wanna be over 200lbs ever again. I teeter too so it scares the crap outta me. Hope we all put this stall behind us soon REAL soon.

medasstcheri
on 10/7/11 7:51 am - MI
 OMG!!!!  I belong to the same club!  Even tho I know stalls are normal, they are SOOOO frustrating.  I am teetering on the same 3 lbs. and so close to being under 200.  I just want that scale number to start with a 1 for the first time since Jr. High school.   Please Lord......let us all get away from the stall and start seeing the numbers go down once again!    PLEASE!!!!!   LOL
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views