Had surgery this past tues

~*K J*~
on 10/6/11 4:43 am - MD
Pain is very tolerable except for the gas. Yuck! Cannot be released from the hospital until I can consume. A liter of water in four hours. I am really struggling as the water consumption hurts. Did anyone else experience this? Still happy and smiling! Walking and sipping!
 ~*KJ* HW 330 Day of Sugery 320

RonSudol
on 10/6/11 5:08 am, edited 10/6/11 5:08 am - NJ
just take little sips at a time!..

and it has been mentioned on here that cold water might hurt; try it room temperature.. Helps me a little

---------------(Starting Weight - 365) ------------ (Current Weight - 165) ------------    

Monique A.
on 10/6/11 5:10 am
My hospital released me after two days and my surgery twin was released after 24 hours.  I don't know how you would get one litre of water in under four hours, especially this soon after surgery.  It took me ten days to sip that much water.
I hear ya about the gas.......try to get up and walk around as much as you can.  The more you walk, the more stuff starts moving....lol...sipping and walking......all you can do.

missjann
on 10/6/11 5:10 am
Good luck on your recovery. I was able to sip tea, juice, broth and have
jello water so I don't think I actually had any actual water in the hospital.
You might see if they can give you something warm to drink...it might help.
Hope you're home and healing soon.
    Jan

hstull1013
on 10/6/11 9:22 am - AZ
I had my surgery on Tuesday as well. I am home now and everything seemed to have gone well but I am sore from the gas and I too and am having a hard time getting the water down. My sister in law has the surgery and she said room temperature water is the best so that is what I am going to try and do. Good luck to you!
doloresd
on 10/6/11 10:48 am - FL
walking really does help rid the gas
LostInMyself
on 10/7/11 3:10 am
I had surgery Monday :)  I have had no problem getting enough fluid in, Thank God!!  However I wanted to mention that the warm broth they brought me was heavenly!  Anything warm goes down really easily. Take care and keep sipping and walking
Jeannie  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 399 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views