Goal! Making myself accountible!

erikapoindexter
on 10/6/11 9:55 pm - VA
Hi everyone!

So, I am a very goal oriented person, and if I have a goal and share it with others, I am more likely to keep it!  So,  here it goes!

My Gastric Bypass was in January 4, 2004.  I have never regretted it and my life is LEAPS and bounds more fulfililng than it was!  Over the past 3 years, a stressful job and other items (which were excuses) led me to slowly slip into old habits.  I was eating unhealthy foods, stopped exercising and generally, just went back to focusing on others too much, at the expense of myself!  Well, NOW I am taking time for myself.  For 3 weeks now, I have been back on track and am feeling so great!

Knowing that my 8 year surgery mark is coming up in January is giving me the motivation that I want to be back at my goal weight of 150 in time for my anniversary.  This may be an ambitious goal, but I am going to do everything that I can do get there.  This means that I need to lose 25 pounds in three months.  Here are my goals:

-Follow the rules (supplements, etc.)
-Exercise 6 days per week
-Water, water, water!
-Lean protein first, other foods later

I am glad I found this site and am happy to have the support from everyone!  Thanks for letting me share!

Erika
Starting weight, 379lbs
Current weight, 175lbs, lowest weight 155lbs

Gastric Bypass: January 4, 2004
Lower body lift: January 2005
Arm and Breast Life: October 2005
AnneGG
on 10/6/11 11:28 pm
Way to go!!! Your plan sounds excellent!

Thanks for being an inspiration for being successful further out...

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/11 12:43 am
Attack it... go after it, Erica.  YOU CAN DO THIS!

The beauty of our tool is that if ever we fall off the wagon, we can CHOOSE to get back on and we know what to do.  You've got this... just limit refined carbds, get that protein in first and foremost, drink lots of water and exercise!

Can't wait to hear how it goes... kick some A!

tori
SweetLilyAnn
on 10/7/11 1:19 am - TX
You got this Erica. Your goal is reasonable and you are working the plan. We are here for you. Like you, I need to say my goals out loud, it is more effective for me that way. Good luck and we are here for you....

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics