HELP! Weight Gain

Dan OBrien
on 10/6/11 10:10 pm - FL
For some reason, I got down to 311 over the past weekend.  Since then I have been gaining a pound a day.  What gives?  No change in diet or exercise.  Getting frustrated.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

erikapoindexter
on 10/6/11 10:15 pm - VA
Dan,
Are you exercising? If so, are you lifting weights? I found that at times, when I was lifting weights, the weight came off differently because at times I was building muscle.

I remember being in your shoes and weighing myself everyday. However, I made myself crazy with the scale at times! I got some great advice that I should follow the rules, exercise and limit weighing myself to a couple of times per week, so that I didn't drive myself insane!

Good luck, and I'm sure you will see the pounds adjust soon!

Erika
Starting weight, 379lbs
Current weight, 175lbs, lowest weight 155lbs

Gastric Bypass: January 4, 2004
Lower body lift: January 2005
Arm and Breast Life: October 2005
laura_vermont
on 10/6/11 10:20 pm
Seeing that you're just a couple months out, it is unlikely that you've actually gained weight.  Unless you are actually eating way off plan, it is likely that you are just experiencing normal fluctuations.... too much salt or constipation?  And, if the scale is torturing you, just weigh once a week.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

LoraLeeME
on 10/6/11 10:40 pm
Back to basics: protein, water, vitamins and exercise. Maybe increase your protein. I try to get 80-100 grams of protein a day. Keep a food diary to see if there is anywhere you can adjust. Check in with a dietitian for some tips.

You could change up your exercise program too. I try to do something different every month or two just so it stays fresh. Walking is always a constant with two dogs.

Good luck to you.

Annette O.
on 10/6/11 11:02 pm - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
You'll make yourself crazy weighing yourself everyday. When my lapband was new and I was losing someone told me to pick a day and time to weigh yourself. Make that day and time your official weight for the week. Mine happens to be Saturday morning. In other words i can weigh myself everyday if I want but it only counts on Saturday morning, anthing else good or bad is a fluctuation.It takes a little while to actually beleive this in your head but hopefully it helps.  Good luck to you, you're doing great.
Annette O
AnneGG
on 10/6/11 11:25 pm
I echo the sentiments to stay off the scale! Just keep slogging- the weight will come off!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views