Just checking in...

virvin
on 10/8/11 3:55 pm - CO
Hey!  I hope everyone is doing well.  I just wanted to check in as I'm finally having a good day emotionally.  Let's see where I am so far:

1.  Today I did my mile walk ing 15 minutes!!  Wahoo!
2.  I am going to up my walks to 2 miles now.
     I did do 3 miles a few week ago, but my knees screamed at me so I cut back for a bit.
3.  I have started taking Zumba classes at my gym.
     They are so much fun.  At first I was definitely worried that I would look like a big dork.  
     I have no rhythm whatsoever...but what I found is....who cares?!?!  I'm taking a Zumba class.
4.  I go on a trip overseas soon and I'm excited about being able to fit in the plane seat.
     I am nervous about the bathroom though.  I will be up for 8.5 hours.
     Those bathrooms are sooo small and I'm not.
5.  I am off all meds except for my asthma meds!!
6.  I am learning alot about mself and what I'm really capable of.

Thanks to everyone here for keeping me motivated and putting up with me when I'm a whiner.  :)  This place is the best and it's the people that make it the best!

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

Samantha L.
on 10/8/11 5:35 pm - Petaluma, CA
 Glad to hear that you're doing well and GRATS for being off your meds!  

I am so jealous.. I wanna take a Zumba class.  We don't have any here in Podunk, Nowhere.  
I think I am just going to have to invest in a Wii Fit and do Wii Zumba.  

dasie
on 10/8/11 11:04 pm
Congrats on making such great progress.  You must be so excited about your trip...I hope you have a great time and come back and post pictures.  You really do have a lot to be thankful for.  Good for you on the Zumba....I could not get those moves down; it was too hard to try to figure them out.  I guess I'm just stuck in that Jane Fonda aerobics generation.

virvin
on 10/8/11 11:19 pm - CO
Thanks, ladies!  If you are looking for a great DVD to workout with...I highly recommend a Pilates DVD.  Mine came with a purple band to increase the workouts.  I travel a lot for work so I always take that with me so I can get a workout in.

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

christinalee
on 10/9/11 12:01 am, edited 10/9/11 12:01 am - At Home in, NH
Screaming knees aside, you are rocking the weight loss! Love, love, love your Sunday attitude and all your adventures into fitness.

Being a devotee of the 70s, let me just say (with a little disco beat in the background)-- "Shake Your Groove Thing, Shake Your Groove Thing, Ya, Ya, Show 'Em How To Do It Now! I just love me some Peaches and Herb!

And I'm off to go kayaking -- we June post-ops are kicking ass and taking names. Okay, well maybe not taking names, bu we definitely are carving out our own weight loss/fitness niche!

Smiles,
Chris

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

virvin
on 10/9/11 1:02 am - CO
Thanks!  I will shake it...for 3 hours!!  AAA!  :)

Congrats on your weight loss as well!  You are amazing.  I'd love to try kayaking...but right now the only place I could do it is on the river and right now they are running about class 3 rapids.  I don't think so.  :)

Have fun!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 389 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 10 views
Recent Topics