Warm protein goodness

Jennifer M.
on 10/8/11 6:46 am - NC
The weather is getting colder and I need some ideas for warm drinks and foods that pack a big protein punch.

Share please!
Loving my new life!  I'm ever so grateful...
Visit my weight loss blog at http://homeschoolblogger.com/gettingitgone/.
Includes 76lbs weight loss before surgery.

poet_kelly
on 10/8/11 6:56 am - OH
I've been making this lately: Fill a mug with half water, half soy milk (cappucino soy milk works great but plain is good too).  Microwave until warm but not super hot.  While that is heating, I put a spoonful of vanilla protein powder in another cup and add some sugar free caramel syrup and a little bit more water, then stir to make a paste.  Then I stir the paste into the ho****er/soy milk.  I also add a packet or two of splenda.  And once a day, my Mirilax.

You can find tons of hot protein drink recipes on bariatricfoodie.com.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Ladytazz
on 10/8/11 7:07 am

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Samantha L.
on 10/8/11 7:32 am - Petaluma, CA
 Protein Hot Chai Mix   6 scoops vanilla protein powder 1.5 cups non-fat powdered milk 3/4 cup instant unsweet tea mix 3/4 cup Splenda 1t. cinnamon 
1t. ground ginger 1t. ground cloves 1t. cardamon (I don't usually use this)  
Mix all dry ingredients in bowl until well blended. Add 1/2 cup of mixture to mug and add either splash of cold milk or water -- stir to create smooth paste (so you don't get lumpy protein powder). Add 8oz ho****er and mix well. You can top with Light Redi Whip and a sprinkle of chai spice or drink it naked. (The drink is naked, not you.)  
Recipe makes 7 half-cup servings. Calculation below is without the "splash of milk" when you're mixing the tea. If you use RediWhip -- it adds about 20 calories.  
Calories: 146 Fat: 1g Carbs: 9g Protein: 27g

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/8/11 7:40 am - OH
I keep my eating pretty simple...  Unjury's chicken soup flavored protein powder or SF hot chocolate with vanilla protein powder in it (I like the packaged hot chocolate better than any chocolate protein powder and mixing in the vanilla protein powder makes it taste a little like there are melted marshmallows in it).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 216 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics