Still recovering from revision on 8/29/2011

dladycole
on 10/9/11 10:24 am - west columbia, SC
Well, I try to post once a month if not more. Things are getting better for me now. I can eat but not alot. Im having some issues with protein and get my liquids in. I really got to find away because I feel like Im melting away. I don't have alot of energy but that is due to me not taking my vitmans like im suppose to. Due to all the trama I have endured with each surgery. I know I need it now because all I want to do is sleep my life away! Their are so many questions and thoughts that run through my head at one given time. I wish I never had the surgery. Everyone tells me how good I look but I feel awful! Nothing is worth looking good if you don't feel good on the inside! Because I had a open womb that had to heal from inside out. I haven't been active like I should have been due to my injury! Im losing weight but not fast as I see some on here doing! The things I like to eat is few and im struggling with planning my meals. I eat like twice a day and it is not much at all. I can drink a bottle of water but I will have it like all day! Is that normal? I running out of options for real! Is there anything or product that can hep me? Has any one experience anything like this please let me know your comments and past experiences are greatly appreciated!!!!!

HW247/ SW233/ CW197.8/GW125    
YankeeRose
on 10/9/11 10:48 am - Meadville, PA
dlady, I am sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. I would think the most important thing for you to do right now is to get your liquids in because you don't want to get dehydrated. Have you tried sugar free popsicles or ice pops? They really help me to get my liquids in. I believe each popsicle is like 2 oz of liquid and each ice pop is 2.5 ozs.  Sometimes sucking on a popsicle is so much easier than drinking. And really try to get your vitamins in. Vitamin deficiencies are no joke and you sure don't want that problem on top of everything else. You may also consider trying Unjury brand chicken soup flavored protein powder. It is actually pretty good and sometimes warm liquids go down better than cold. Hang in there things will get better. It is also normal for revisions to lose slower than first time RNYers but it will come off. Keep the faith. Just follow your surgeons plan and you will be successful. We are all here for you, this is a great forum for support and encouragement.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

waitingtoexhale69
on 10/9/11 12:42 pm - IL

Girl, I'm really sorry to hear if your recovery,  did you have to do wound packing as well?  I as well had a rough recovery,  I woke up in excrutiating pain, nothing they gave me touched the pain.  On top of that they never gave me anything for sleep.  I have been on sleepers for 3 years.  So on top of being in pain all night and not being able to sleep I was not a happy camper by far.  Yes you are right you can look good and feel awefull thats not great at all.  I would rather feel good than to feel miserable.  I still ask myself the same question about the surgery as well.  I had my surgery the day after you.  My life is just so diferent for me mentally.  today I just bought all the vitamins that I'm suppose to have, hopefully that will make things better.  please let us know how things are going.   be easy on yourself, take one day at a time.

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 2:05 pm - Boston, MA
 Sorry you are struggling.  I had a really hard time drinking, at the beginning I lived on popsicles and ramen noodle broth (no lie) nothing tasted good.  Water continues to be hard for me to drink.. they say putting lemon in it or crystal lite but I hate the taste of both of those.  I struggled along getting in 25 oz until recently.  I started drinking diet snapple iced tea and click WITH A STRAW and I can get all my fluids in that way.  I don't know why the straw helps but it does.  Tonight I drank 4 8 oz glasses of water in an 1 1/2 hours with a straw, my total fluids for the day is up to 70.  Some people say you will get gas using a straw but as long as I'm getting my fluids in I can live with some gas!  good luck
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 4:19 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Take your vitamins and supplements; you'll be surprised at how
much they will help.

Also, sipsipsip means drink constantly; you do NOT want to
get dehydrated.

Just work on the protein; it's not easy to relearn eating, but
we have to do it.

It gets better, I promise.

Best wishes,
Bucketta
on 10/9/11 7:10 pm
 I was in the hospital for 11 days, well I went to a motel one night and started bleeding and being I was by myself had to call an ambulance to take me back.  My viens are the pits so I had to have a pic line and all total I got 4 units of blood, and an iron infusion and like you, one of my incisions came open and had to be packed until March 23 and kept me from exercising.  I could not pack this myself, so home health came every day.  I couldn't exercise, although the doctor said I could, but I couldn't shower just any time I wanted to, only when a certain home health nurse was coming could I shower.  He was always on time, never more than 30 minutes late, so I could hop in the shower when he called and said what time he would be here.  I did not want to get hot an sweaty and not be able to shower.  It took some time for me to get to feeling better, but then I was also the caretaker of my father, who had alzheimers and died in June of this year.  

Do your best to get your protein in, even if it is only in liquid form.  I will pray for you.

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?