Looking for anyone who has experienced this!!!!

kjmcvay
on 10/11/11 7:37 am - NC
 I had my surgery Aug 4th which went very well.  I then had every complications possible:  gall bladder removed, gall stone extracted, pancreatitis....I was in the hospital for 11 days it was horrible. I am trying to heal and get back in the game but I still throw up for no reason, I also have a horrible pain in my left side under my rib.  When I breathe in deep it sends a sharp pain through my side.  Has anyone experienced anything like this? Since I have been so sick I guess that I am afraid that I will get sick again so I am very hesitant.  Any advice?? I know that everyone is different but I was hoping that someone has experienced this, I new a buddy to talk to.  Help!!
 Roux-en-y on August 9, 2011        
lilfatgirlfrommissouri
on 10/11/11 7:48 am - MO
My surgery was on the 29th of august. I ended up needing a second surgery 4 hours later I had sever internal bleeding. I was in the hospital for 6 days. After I came home I had to make a trip to the er for fluids and sever abdominal pain. My pcp doc ran more test and found out I have a growth on my adrenal gland but I to developed a case of pancreatitis. All I can say is I feel for you. I think that was more painful than recovering from the 2 surgery's I had. I was on 10 mg of perkocets until about 3 days ago. And the blood test I had done on Friday shows my enzymes are almost back to normal. I would ask the doc to give you something for nausea if your not taking something now. Pancreatitis causes sever abdominal pain nausea and vomiting.

Hope you feel better soon.
Take care and best wishes
Amanda

kjmcvay
on 10/11/11 8:01 am - NC
 I really feel for you too!! I have never been in so much pain, I was swelled up like the Michelin Man.  I couldn't even see my ankles anymore.  I was taking nausea medicine quite a few times a day but it is getting better now.  I haven't been taking it for probably a week.  How are you feeling now? Are you able to eat yet?  It has been so hard to get my fluids and proteins in because there was no room.  I felt so full.  I am just now starting to few hungry.  How about you? I still throw up occasionally for no reason, like this morning I got up and took a shower and at some point I started feeling this salty taste in my mouth and I am throwing up liquid or nothing.  Have you experienced that?  How are you doing now?? Are you able to walk or exercise yet?  Thanks for sharing your story with me.  I would love to continue talking if that is alright with?? I feel like I am in this game but I don't know what the rules are yet if that makes sense!!

Hope you feel better soon

Roux-en-y on August 9, 2011        
lilfatgirlfrommissouri
on 10/11/11 8:21 am - MO
I still have a hard time with the protein shakes, Its mostly the smell that gets to me. I am able to get in 2 a day most days. I can only tolerate a few bites of food at a time usually 3 times a day. I know what you mean about getting that taste in your mouth before you vomit. OMG its horrible. I still do that at least 1's every 2 days and its usually for no reason and usually dry heaves. I still don't feel hungry. I cant tell when I'm full either. I don't get a whole lot of exercise yet. On days I'm feeling pretty good I take my basset hound for a walk around the block but I still get shaky pretty easy. As far as fluids go I can usually get my 64 oz of water in a day that's usually all i drink. crystal light taste so sweet to me. I just quit taking my nausea meds a few days ago and so far so good. Yesterday I was drinking some milk (needed something other than water) and for some reason 2 sips in to it I was dry heaving. But its slowly getting better.

Feel free to send me a friend request!

Thanks
Amanda

Ellfam5
on 10/11/11 8:16 am
I know a rough start like that can be discouraging, Keep your chin up and I will pray that you heal quickly and find positive results.

immafatgirl
on 10/11/11 8:31 am - KY
Good luck to both of you. praying this gets behind you soon!!
Carla M.
on 10/11/11 9:06 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I have the same pain! Well, maybe...I just told my dr that, when I eat, sit wierd, or breathe deeply, I get a shooting pain and/or a funky feeling (it kind of feels how it did when they pulled my drain out) right under my ribls on the left side. Almost like there's a kink or something. I'm scheduled for a CATscan later this week. We'll see...There isn't much that it could be on that side...Hmmm...

SouthernFriedIssues
on 10/11/11 10:45 am
I am so very sorry you have had such a rough time.  I had a minor complication..severe inflammation on the RIGHT side...under my largest incision.  The BEST advice I can give for that pain is a compression garment.  I had one that I had used under a dress once upon a time...but it "held" my sore spot "in" and allowed the muscle to heal (I tore my internal stitches my second day home.)

The "throw up" issues I have had since my surgery 8/31 have been somewhat allievated with an over the counter acid reducer. 

Good luck, Hon.  I certainly feel for you!

Surgery date 8/31/2011 Starting Weight 278/ Surgery Weight 262 Current Weight 178
Goal Wht 165.....ONEDERLAND REACHED 1-27-12

~Women who behave themselves rarely make history~  
MARTINA P.
on 10/11/11 11:05 am - ROCKMART, GA
 I had a lot of complications and what you are describing could be some form of obstruction.  Please pay attention to your body call doctors or go to ER and make them listen to  you.  Good luck. and it gets better I am a living testomony to that.

MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

JudiJudi T
on 10/11/11 1:19 pm
Always check with your doctor but also remember that the instruments are stuck in (and all the manipulation is done through) the incision on the left side - I think it's the lower one.  So it could just be from that.  It's pretty common.  

Before/after pic in my profile.  
Surgery: Dec 2009, lost 100 lbs

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics