what can you do for....

Sunshine6102
on 10/12/11 1:02 am - Everett, MA
i am almost 18 months out from surgery...i am down to 138 and a size 4 which so far is a loss of 179 pounds...i am estatic at how the way my life has changed, i work out, i spend more time with my kids and life in general is just so much better...the only thing is i seem to be at a stage where i feel guilty no matter what i eat. i dont cheat and my choices are always healthy. i follow all serving size's and get in my water and protein. how come i feel so guilty everytime i put something in my mouth. is anyone else going through this? i do see a therapist and i think i will have to work more on this with her but was looking for someone on here to talk to if your in the same boat or just have some advice...thanks :)

Pholaris
on 10/12/11 1:31 am
I think this comes from years and years of feeling guilty about being overweight. I have the same feelings at times, also sometimes I feel like I will wake up one day and be back to my old overweight self, then there are those days when I am just amazed at my accomplishments and I am really happy with the decissions I am making on a day to day basis. I think this is all normal and part of the process of adjusting to such a drastic change.

I think is great that you are seeing a therapist and hopefully they can help you find ways to change your set of mind and enjoy this opportunity to the fullest.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Sunshine6102
on 10/12/11 4:12 am - Everett, MA
this is just so tough...i have come so far and i never want to go back the way i was...and i fear that anything i eat will suddenly bring me back there....i think i need to get to a group meeting or something...
Paul C.
on 10/12/11 4:44 am - Cumming, GA
I don't think what you are feeling is guilt, but rather fear.

You fear of returning to the former you.  You probably fear that if you enjoy the things you eat then you will eat more of it and then gain weight.

If you lead an active lifestyle then you have little to fear.  Get your RMR proffesionally tested and then you will know what your calorie cap is to maintain excluding exercise calorie burn.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Sunshine6102
on 10/12/11 6:04 am - Everett, MA
thanks paul...what is a RMR? and where would one go to get that tested? i love to walk and workout so exercising isn't an issue... :)
tiffers1971
on 10/12/11 10:14 am - IN
i think RMR means resting metabolic rate
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 379 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 472 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 387 views