NO nausea/vomitting or dumping at3 1/2 weeks post op-is this bad?

boogwar
on 10/12/11 4:29 pm
I had my surgery 9-19-11 and have had absolutely no nausea, vomitting or dumping...even after I put a piece of cookie in my mouth without thinking!  Is my head is playing games with me, I am SO freaked out that I won't lose the weight! Everyone else at my wt loss group has had at least one of these happen except me.  Anyone else not have these symptoms at 1 month and do great losing weight?  I only hear about the bad things I guess-just need some reassurance.

HW-366/SW-319/CW-301/GW-180
oldbooknewlook
on 10/12/11 4:41 pm - Yarmouth, ME
I am 12 weeks post-op and haven't had any nausea, vomiting, or dumping either.  I've lost 90 lbs, including the 35 lbs I lost before surgery.  It really doesn't matter if you dum*****t AS LONG AS you keep doing what you were told to do!  My attitude is: I don't care if I don't dump - I'm going to eat the way they told me to eat NO MATTER WHAT.  I still love my tool - it has helped me eat small portions, something I could never keep up long enough on my own.  And I never get hungry!  You'll do fine - just keep your mind on the prize!
~Amy   165 lbs down!  My journey on YouTube: www.youtube.com/oldbooknewlook

seattledeb
on 10/12/11 7:02 pm
No..it's a GOOD thing. Nausea and vomitting is not fun at all. Have some gratitude about your uneventful recovery. And toss the cookies.
Deb T.

DebsGiz
on 10/12/11 8:32 pm - FL

I am three years post-op and have never had any of these symptoms.  I do not dump, though on occasion I might eat something that goes through me pretty quickly if you get my drift...

I not only met my goal weight, but am actually a few pounds below, so to answer your concerns, I would just be grateful that you are not one of those who suffers the symptoms you described.

Happy losing!!! 
Price S.
on 10/12/11 9:21 pm - Mills River, NC

I'm a year out and have never vomited or dumped.  I had foamies 2x when I ate too fast and didn't chew well enough.  You are fine.  Be happy.  I have met and exceeded my goals.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Jolimont
on 10/12/11 9:27 pm - Toulouse, France
 You had this surgery to help you lose weight and live a long healthy life. You don't want to have dumping syndrome for the rest of your life. You will lose weight at a fast clip the first year, then slower, the third year you will regain some weight. That's where you need to take control of your eating (most likely snacking) and you can do it without nausea or dumping syndrome. Relax, you'll be fine!
crystal C.
on 10/12/11 11:17 pm - lynn, MA
We had surgery the same day, and I have never experienced any of the same side effects I am eating food, and feeling pretty great.  I did however get a piece of lunch meat turket stuck twice from eating to quickly but that is it.  I think we are doing great!
boogwar
on 10/12/11 11:12 pm
Thanks for all your support everyone!  It's not like I WANT n/v or dumping...just weird that out of the group of like 10 of us there is only me and 1 other person-and she gained 2 lbs. her week 2!  I just don't want that to be me-just scared, been big my whole life.  My brain--has to get used to this too!

Thanks again, and happy losing!

HW-366/SW-319/CW-301/GW-180
poet_kelly
on 10/13/11 1:55 am - OH
Is it bad that you are not vomitting and dumping?  Well, do you enjoy vomiting and feeling very very sick?

If you are eating what you are supposed to eat, you won't be dumping.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 463 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views