endoscopy today

Rhonda A.
on 10/13/11 11:53 pm - North Providence, RI
 So I am 6wks out and I had been doing great in the beginning. No problems transitioning to the mushies. but then a couple of weeks ago I started vomiting. I thought it was the amount of food but I am weighing EVERYTHING just like the nUT said to. I thought it was in my head so I talked to the psych about it. Well the past few days I havent even been able to keep liquids down. Not every time but some of the times. Sooo yesterday the PA from the surgeons office called me back after I'd left her a message AND she now has me going in for an emergency endoscopy. Well not really an emergency but I havent been eating anything and even liquids are giving me trouble. She suspects a stricture ( no duh). Heres the crazy thing. I have had many EGD's before but this time I amTERRIFIED. I know someone who wa*****tured when they had an EGD after RNY and ended up in the hospital and had to have another surgery. And she happened to have the same exact Drs I had/have. Creepy huh? I have to go at 12 today and Im sitting here stressing over this. Not to mention that I cant drink anything until after this appointment...why do these things always happen to me...

janethc
on 10/14/11 12:18 am - MI
I had an endoscopy with a dilation for a stricture yesterday, and it went very smoothly. Please don't worry. You'll be put in twilight, and it's doubtful you'll remember a thing. I'm sorry you're going through this (strictures are no fun), but you're not alone. Hang in there and all the best.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 265 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics