why does my muscles hurt..

Krista F.
on 10/16/11 4:03 am - BRYAN, OH
RNY on 12/08/10 with
I have loss alike of weight in 10 mths.. i was wondeing if i am lossing my muscles to.. just had my labs done, and all come out gd.. oh and my joints hurt too.. DR. told me my knees r bad, but my arms hurt if i left over my head.. i cant left much weight anymore, like picking up thing.. there is no way i can left 50 pounds if i tried.. plz help expain.. and what i need to look for, is there a text to see if your muscles are going bye bye.. tks
 HW 300  BSW 275  SW  263  1st GW 199  GW 150        
boneswag
on 10/16/11 4:10 am
I lost most of my muscle in the first year or so.  I lost 139 lbs and have just started to get some of my muscle back.  I don't think I will ever be as strong as I was, but there was a time when I was very weak.  I started using the excercise bands and it has helped.

littlewitch1973
on 10/16/11 4:21 am - NY
 Have you been working out at all? 

While losing weight, doing strength training is important to not losing muscle mass. You also need to keep up your protein. 

poet_kelly
on 10/16/11 4:22 am - OH
how much protein are you getting in a day?

What was your iron level?  B12?  Vitamin D?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Krista F.
on 10/16/11 4:39 am - BRYAN, OH
RNY on 12/08/10 with
thanks everone, i dont kw what my levels were, i had family DR. check.. they said that everything was gd.. but im sure i could get them from him.. i get alot of potien in.. at least 80/90.. a day.. cant eat much meat very gd so i get it from dariy.. i feel very gd energy wise, but just hurt alot.. no i really dont do much weight strengthing stuff, i kw i need to start some, i wanted to ask ?? to make sure that would help..
 HW 300  BSW 275  SW  263  1st GW 199  GW 150        
Dave Chambers
on 10/16/11 5:55 am - Mira Loma, CA
Never, never rely on a phone call saying "everything looks good" in regards to your labs. Get printed lab results.  You need to begin exercising more.  Muscle mass loss happens to almost all post ops, and exercising helps build them back up to near where they were preop.  Exercising won't help your knees, as that's likely the result of years of being overweight.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 327 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 130 views
Recent Topics