why don't i see it??

D-J
on 10/17/11 6:07 am
it's getting cooler here and i feel it more now and i knew i had some flannel shirts i had bought and wore last winter but ended up having to wear them only as sweaters cause i couldn't button them they were too small,,when i tried them on today they were about four sizes too big,,yaaaay i was awestruck,i could not believe my eyes as i held the shirt out in front of me and turned sideways,,i know i could not wear them last year,,it's the reason why they were in the back of my closet ,i know i ain't crazy.

but it's strange,, when i look in the mirror i don't see the change,,i mean i can see that my face is thinner and no place that i touch on my body feels like mine,,like my shoulders or my hands,, their bony,,idk,,maybe i'm not making any sense,,but i'm alittle concerned with why i still see the person that was there four months ago,,is this normal ??
Patti1md
on 10/17/11 6:12 am
I feel the same.  I see it in the face and can feel the bone on my arms, but I can not see it.  This is so strange.

plum21
on 10/17/11 6:18 am - Miami, FL
 I never looked at myself carefully when I was overweight. I was often shocked by photos taken of me. So it took me a long time to see the difference, cause I didn't know how I started.
It's a good change.
D-J
on 10/17/11 6:32 am
I too was shocked to see photo's of myself these past few years so much so that i had taken to really avoiding mirrors all together except to do my face or hair,,i have lost almost 85lbs all together including pre-op so far,,,i just know that i should see it,, but i don't.
hellokitty21
on 10/17/11 6:21 am
 I definitely feel the same. I have lost over 50 lbs and I see no difference..I'm still fat! It's kind of depressing.
Katari
on 10/17/11 6:30 am - OR
Your normal. LOL. Many, MANY of us had/have the same problem. I was over a year and a half out before I could see the difference in the mirror even though I had been at the same weight for over 6 months! The only thing that helped me see the difference was taking that once a month photo standing in the same spot. I could see it in the photo's even if I couldn't see it in the mirror.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

D-J
on 10/17/11 6:38 am
thats a very good idea,,I have always been so camera shy i never did take any pics and i know i probably should have,,camera's have always been so tabu to me,,LOL i'll duck out of a photo shot in a minute when someones snapping pics,,,
Tammy G.
on 10/17/11 8:11 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
I 'feel' it, mostly because everything has went south, but I don't see any weight loss when I look in the mirror. I get frustrated, but then I think about how hard it was pre-op to get any weight off. Even though I've gotten 82 pounds off of my 5'2 frame, I still have a long way to go. I am confident that I will get there, I just don't know when.

Distal RNY 6/11 SW 456  CW 311 Complications: Small bowel strangulation 12/23/2012, non healing surgical incision--ongoing.  Still.

SweetLilyAnn
on 10/17/11 8:15 am - TX
Hey DJ, I am just a few days behind you and I get what you mean. In my support group, the therapist said to take pictures once a month...naked....(ARGGGGGG) but I do in bra and panties to see the difference and he said that you have to STARE AT THEM, COMPARE THEM, TAKE IT ALL IN - look at yourself in the mirror - we are so conditioned to avoiding looking at ourselves - it helps wrap your head around the weight loss. Now having said this, I have a girlfriend who I told where the pictures were - my instructions to her are to break in my house and to DESTOY THOSE FUGLY PICTURES if I died - they are NOT PRETTY!!!! LOL!!!!

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

dancerwife
on 10/17/11 8:41 am
 I second the monthly photo idea.  I started taking a monthly photo the day before my surgery.  It really helped to go through the photos each month and see the difference.  I worried that because I didn't notice the weight going on that I wouldn't notice the weight coming off.

3/24/10 - 297 lbs the day of surgery    
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 249 views