McDonald's hot caramel mocha

shirleyfhoffman
on 10/17/11 4:13 pm - CA
I just saw that the McDonalds here has a new hot caramel mocha drink!  Their caramel frappe's used to be my FAVORITE treat. I make a sugar free caramel protein drink that's similar to a frappe, but how would I do a hot protein drink?!? Also, could I use fat free half & half with decaf coffee instead of click with milk? How do you make your drinks?  

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

shirleyfhoffman
on 10/17/11 4:15 pm - CA
Oh yeah, and how would I make a hot festive fall protein drink like the pumpkin thingy @ starbucks? I've never had one, but everyone I talk to says they are amazing.

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

AVick
on 10/17/11 4:20 pm
I'm certainly not a pro here yet, but my suggestion would be to get flavorless protein and just add it to the drinks. You could even add powdered milk for additional "creaminess".

Just a thought :O)
laura_vermont
on 10/17/11 9:13 pm

The problem with the drinks isn't lack of protein (95% of the time I don't drink my protein).

The problem is SUGAR and liquid calories.  Mostly sugar.  I would be incredibly sick.

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Rhonda A.
on 10/17/11 8:32 pm - North Providence, RI
 I use nondairy creamer in my coffee but I will be buying fat free half n half when I am out. Coffee is the one hot drink I absolutely love and it just isnt the same without the half n half. Im fine as long as its FF. Have you checked the sugar content in the hot caramel mocha?

Price S.
on 10/17/11 8:55 pm - Mills River, NC
I have a decaf protein coffee every morning and drink lots of protein hot chocolate.  To make any protein hot drink, mix your protein powder with some warm water (1/4c or so) first, then add to the hot drink.  I use 25cal Swiss Miss hot choco and chocolate, chocolate carmel, cookies and cream or vanilla protein.  I use the same proteins and method for my decaf each morning.  I use the protein mix intead of any kind of creamer.  If you want caramel, get SF carmel syrup to add to it.  I even drink the Nectar Lemon tea hot. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

mikkisha
on 10/17/11 9:22 pm - grafenwohr, XX
 This isnt a drink but I found this recipe for pumpkin oatmeal and its really good! And you can add protein poweder to it! 

Ingredients

• 1/2 Cup Nonfat Milk
  • 3/4 Cup (12 TBS) Water
  • 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
  • Pinch Cinnamon
  • Pinch Nutmeg
  • 1/4 Cup Canned Pumpkin
  • 2 Tbs Almond Accents Oven Roasted No Salt
  • Splenda, Sugar, or Natural Sweetener to Taste
  • 1/4 Cup Water
  • 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
  •  
  • **Note: I ended up not using the entire Protein Powder mixture. I think you should just add it to taste and liking. It will alter nutrition as well.

Directions

ONE: In small pot, bring milk and water to a boil over medium heat. Add oatmeal, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 7 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

TWO: Once the liquid is absorbed, stir in pumpkin almonds, and sweetener (if desired); set aside.

THREE: Combine water and protein powder in a separate bowl. Mix with a for****il protein is dissolved (may be easier to use blender). 

FOUR: Pour protein mixture over oatmeal and serve.

Number of Servings: 2

YOUTUBE.COM/KISHAGETSSKINNY        
Ladytazz
on 10/18/11 4:46 am
If you haven't already check out some sugar free syrups from DaVinci and Torani.  They have all kinds of flavors including caramel and punkin pie.  They also have sugar free chocolate and caramel sauces.  Check out Eggface and Bariatric Foodie for some great protein drink recipes.  Nik had a hot salted caramel cocoa that is to die for.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

jazzycatz
on 10/18/11 5:06 am, edited 10/18/11 5:10 am - Joppa, MD
I don't do well with the Torani or DaVinci sugar free syrups because I am so sensitive to sweet now so I tried the Capella Flavor drops from netrition to make my pumpkin spice latte.  Using the pumpkin spice, of course.  I really like it.  With these you sweeten them to taste.  Or don't use any sugar like me. 

Edit to add a link: http://www26.netrition.com/capella_flavor_drops.html 

And yes, you can use Click in with your coffee.  You just have to temper it before you go adding the hot liquid. 

LadyTazz has the best advice with checking out the 2 websites she names. 
Frances S.
on 10/18/11 7:18 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 Ok, I'm seriously surprised no one has mentioned CLICK on this thread.  You can get mocha click, which has 15 grams of protein and add a sugar free caramel syrup to it.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 328 views