DOES IT REALLY TAKE THIS LONG FOR LABS

immafatgirl
on 10/20/11 4:20 am - KY
I WENT TO THE dr last thursday and got lab work. its been a week and they still havnt got my lab report back. they said it takes a good week. my cousin got all hers in 2 day s. . my drs office is like this about everything. but im just curious , how long it took for others ? or are they dissing me once AGAIN..
Cherylkas
on 10/20/11 5:55 am - PA
 Some of mine came back quick like the next day and others took about 6 days. I think it is just what the lab is set up to test and what it has to send out.
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

ecshumway
on 10/20/11 7:38 am - NY
It depends on the type of test but I work in a hospital and MOST readings are back the same day. Of course it may take a little longer to get them to the Doctors office.

exohexoh
on 10/20/11 7:49 am - West Chester, PA
 i got all of mine within 2 or 3 days. they post them online which is great because i can actually see them and not just rely on them. i guess it depends where you got it done, where they actually run the tests, and how long it takes to get back to the office. i had mine done at university of pennsylvania hospital which is where my surgeon is and everything is done on-site so there isn't much turnaround time.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

poet_kelly
on 10/20/11 9:20 am - OH
It depends on the tests.  I can get most of mine in two or three days but it seems like the vitamin D, copper, selenium and maybe a couple others usually take a few days longer.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/20/11 10:34 am - OH
The Vitamin D always takes several days, and my lab waits until all test results are available before they send the report unless the doctor indicates they want a particular result ASAP.  It is usually a week to a week and a half before I hear back.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

immafatgirl
on 10/25/11 9:21 pm - KY
finally got them, should i ask for a record of them? they say they are all good. im relieved about that.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics