My broken house

~*K J*~
on 10/21/11 11:32 am - MD
 So I am 2.5 weeks out from surgery and feeling good. However, my child and husband are falling apart. We found out on Monday that my 10 year old daughter has a broken big toe. Ok, we can deal. Then I got the call yesterday that my husband fell at work and broke his ankle. Needless to say even while I am recovering from surgery, I am the healthiest person in the house right now. LOL.
 ~*KJ* HW 330 Day of Sugery 320

Donna D.
on 10/21/11 11:46 am - Cockeysville, MD
Woww Kristina, I hope everybody gets better soon!!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

~*K J*~
on 10/21/11 12:00 pm - MD
 Thanks! It's a bit crazy but we will make it. I just knew momma was not going to be able to relax during her recovery!

Dave Chambers
on 10/21/11 11:51 am - Mira Loma, CA

My life is full of "Murph's Law" examples.  Last week:

Washer faucet dripping water excessively with water noticeable flowing on floor.  Bad ferrel (SP?) on cold water. Called plumber as I thought copper pipe needed replacing and had soldered connection. Plumber was here less than 15 minutes, and had special tool to remove old ferrel and replaced with another 15 cent piece, reused the new faucet that was on it.

My insurance was messed up. It took me several trips between member services and the pharmacy to finally get my scripts. 2 scripts of 3 months should have only been $30, yet they tried to charge me around $84.

One fourth of my electrical service in my home went out--overhead lights AND outlets in 3 rooms.  Called reliable electrician I used twice before. My house has outlets not approved in CA anymore, those with holes to insert wires instead of using screws.  Wires sometimes "pull out" of plug, leaving other plugs in that circuit without power.  Plug was behind wife's BIG mirrored chest in bedroom. Took 20 minutes to take crap off of it and move it, 5 mintues to replace plug, and 12 minutes to put stuff back. Cost $100.

Pool "backwash valve" on filter system failed. Cost $275 to repair by cutting line, installing new valve, adding new elbows and pipes that were glued in place.

Wife's retirement check didn't come. Checked with CALPERS. They said they made a mistake and failed to take out enough funds. Nice, huh?  Their error, we pay.  We had a choice. Take me off of insurance (premiums paid for by insurance), but I had "pre existing conditions" that may have prevented me from reinstatement.  Or, NO CHEC****il funds were repaid.  We were told "looks like you'll have a check for January", but that check comes in February.  Retirement check for last month was short. We complained, and while they looked, they say they found the error. No check for the monthly retirement of near $1000 this month, nor Novemeber check, nor December check, no check in January, and possibly a partial check coming in Feb.  Roughly $4000 out of our annual income. 

AND more stuff. I'd trade places with you any day. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

~*K J*~
on 10/21/11 11:58 am - MD
 Wow Dave! I am sorry that you are having these problems. The check situation is nuts. How is it that retirement funds are not disbursed at all??? 

Dave Chambers
on 10/21/11 2:40 pm - Mira Loma, CA
My wife was forced to retire in July.  First check was Sept. and was short of what was expected. Wife expected retirement check to be deposited in October. Guess what? No check, and $120 in overdraft fees at bank.  She called and was told CALPERS made a miscalculation in what she needed to contribute to cover me.  I have Medicare already, and the Senior Advantage of Kaiser.  Since they didn't take enough out of her checks since 1996, they want to take out about $4000 now out her retirement check. We asked about taking only part of a monthly check, and they said they could do that if my insurance was dropped in the meantime. That would mean I would have to reapply later on, with no guarantee they had to accept me due to pre existing health conditions.   Life sucks at times, and I'm "living in a vacuum right now".  Another case of Murphy's Law and my life. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.

~*K J*~
on 10/21/11 11:16 pm - MD
Oh I see now. You would think they would have noticed their error previously. That is horrible! 

newmerightnow
on 10/21/11 12:18 pm - AK
Sooooo sorry. I am sending you good wishes.
Dave Chambers
on 10/21/11 11:32 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Yes, it's CRAP, that's all I can say.  She worked for them for 22 years and I still don't understand the issue. I just know that it's going to be hard to my household to function down $4K for the year. I'm on a retirement too, that barely covers the bills that are mailed to me each month. Guess we'll eat a lot of beans, or I'll have to donate blood monthly.  My household has a lot of stress already, and this isn't going to help. DAVE

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 459 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 408 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics