numbness in legs

ccrooker99
on 10/21/11 3:46 am - Altamont, IL
I had RNY surgery on August 2, 2011, I was wondering is anyone else has experienced numbness in their legs and thighs? I also have trouble going up steps due to the numbness and legs going out.  I have a constant numbness and tingling in my right upper thigh..is anyone else experienced this??
~~Carla~~            
Mrsz
on 10/21/11 4:02 am
I did not have that experience at all. Please call your surgeon's office. If it is something that is common or if it is something requiring immediate attention, they can tell you.

Blessings!
poet_kelly
on 10/21/11 5:09 am - OH
Definitely call your doc.  That's not normal.

Have you had your B12 checked lately?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ccrooker99
on 10/21/11 5:24 am - Altamont, IL
All my vitamin levels are normal I just recently had them checked. I see a neurologist on the 28th to see it they can find a problem.  I had nerve test and circulation test done on my legs and everything was normal.
~~Carla~~            
poet_kelly
on 10/21/11 5:26 am - OH
What was your B12 level?  Most labs will list it as in the normal range as low as 211 but research shows that below 400, it can cause nerve damage.  Don't ask me why the say that's normal.  Makes no sense to me.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ccrooker99
on 10/21/11 6:28 am - Altamont, IL
I just checked my printout and my B12 level was 895.  It was in the normal range. 
poet_kelly
on 10/21/11 10:38 am - OH
OK, that's good.  Maybe a pinched nerve or something?  I hope the neurologist can figure it out for you fast.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics