Two years out and having problems

vellpike
on 10/23/11 8:03 am, edited 10/23/11 8:19 am - Clayton, NC

December of this year will be my two year aniversary.  Since then, I have had my galbladder removed and two additional surgeries for problems.  The first was scar tissue on my stomach and just a few days ago I developed pain in lower left abdomin.  The pain was so bad, I went to the emergency room. I had a CT scan, X-ray and lastly my surgeon went in to see what was wrong.  He said he removed some scar tissue and I had  intussusception at my second connection.  This was on Friday.  Today is Sunday and I am having some of the same pain.  I dont know if it is from where they worked on me to fix it or the same pain.  I feel confused and lost.  My wife and family thought it was all in my head because CT scan came back normal as well as x-ray.  Prior to my surgery, I was 322lbs, had high blood pressure and high fasting blood sugar.  I am now 230 and ll of these are gone, but I feel like I have had nothing but problems since the surgery.  I am feeling great remorse for my choice and wish I had the ability to lose weight on  my own.  I pray this problem goes away.  Is there anyone with the same problem I have had?  

Debra P.
on 10/23/11 9:05 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 I am so sorry you are having a hard time. I wish I could help. All I can do is send positive vibes your way...

Donna D.
on 10/23/11 10:07 am - Cockeysville, MD

Hey I am so sorry that you are having so many problems. I am going to pray that your health gets back to 100% Good luck and I hope they find out what is going on with you and fast, Keep us posted!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Amy Smith
on 10/23/11 10:53 am
I am 2 years out in August and have had similar problems, except that I was dealing with the intusupption for a year.  I have also had the scar tissue issues and gallbladder.  I am sorry you are going through it, but this too shall pass.  I had some severe pain after the intusseption surgery, but that did get much better after a couple of weeks.  I still have some discomfort on my left side, but nothing compared to the "attacks."  I had attacks, but they would relieve by the time I would get a CT scan AND I didn't want to miss work so my surgeon and I agreed that if we could catch it on CT we would do ER surgery, but if it continued to happen and resolve I could wait until school got out.

For me it does get better! :-)  Hang in there!  You have been given a gift with your WLS and I am so thankful for that gift!
vellpike
on 10/24/11 2:48 am - Clayton, NC
 thank you all for your imput.  Can you advise where you were having pain?  I seem to have it under my left rib cade then in my lower left abdomin.  The rid cage is the most often.  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views