Vitamins & not exicted about surgery

allicole1235
on 10/23/11 10:11 pm - Chesapeake, VA
These vitamins will be the death of me! lol.

I went to buy a few of the vitamins so i have them after surgery and I got citrical and then the pharmists is like those wont crush they are too dense so now im worried. also, I was at walmart and i think I got the wrong Biotin. I got the tablet one. is that okay? I was trying to find the mutlivitamin i need and the centrum chewables say ages 50+. Im 24....so are they okay to take or should i find something else. And i keep running into WLS patients that are post-up and they say flinstones are fine it just depends. I am so over this protion/vitamin thing that i started crying in the store. im an emotional person....

Last but not least I am soooo scared of surgery. Everyone seems to be nervous/excited but I am freaked out. Ive never had surgery and I dont know hoe to cope with it. I weight 500 lbs so I need this surgery to live but im sooo worried i wont wake up.

sorry for ranting, im stressed
aubiefan143
on 10/23/11 11:20 pm - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with
  I have always used CVS Spectravite chewable orange flavor multi. They were recommended by my NUT. I still take them almost 2 years out just because I happen to like the taste. Some people get off of chewable as soon as they can...but I like them. Once you get your routine down it wont be so overwhelming and you will feel better.
  It is normal to feel nervous about your surgery, especially since you have never had surgery before. Does you Dr's office or hospital have a support group for WLS? I would join the support group in your area. Support is key before and after surgery.....The surgery is just a one day thing, but the support will always be needed.
Best wishes

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current
  weight 143 (after TT and Thigh lift)   

Godgaveus2
on 10/24/11 1:56 am - WI
Hi, I am 2 wks postop today and I will tell you the vitamin thing is confusing but gets easier. I was a mess the day before surgery and then decided to take some time and list 25 reasons why RNY. I then decided I had done everything I possibly could to ensure a good outcome and then placed my fate in God's hands. I too have never even had a stitch much less surgery of any sort. Needless to say, surgery went great and I am already feeling like a new person. As of today I have lost 22lbs since surgery. Good luck, I am sure everything will be fine.
poet_kelly
on 10/24/11 5:09 am - OH
I don't know why you couldn't crush citracal.  You can also dissolve them in a couple ounces of liquid and drink.

The chewable Centrum is fine.  Are the ones that say 50+ the regular ones or the Centrum silver?

flintstones are NOT fine, at least not unless you want to take a bunch of other vitamins with them to make up for everything they do not have.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Apple-Jax
on 10/25/11 9:09 pm

it is a scary thing!  i had a MAJOR flipout/panic last week!!  I am very nervous abt surgery.  i am 1 week away and i have to say, i am in the zone, as it gets closer i feel calmer.  try to visualise your surgery day and walking through it in a peaceful environment, it might help take some of the anxiety from it.  best of luck!

i had to tell myself that there is a lower chance of my dying from surgery than the CERTAINTY that i will die 20 years sooner from the comorbidities.

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 412 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 14 views