Speeding up my metabolism?????

Angela R.
on 10/24/11 7:28 am - Jewett City, CT
I need help.  I have been at a total stall for over 4 months. I can't seem to even find a sec to go to the gym.  Has anyone found anything that will help in speeding up our metabolism or telling my body that im not in starvation mode????
Angela 
Revision Surgery from Lapband to Gastric Bypass... 1/3/11
Start 290 / Now 208/oal 180 (Doctor set goal)

Laura in Texas
on 10/24/11 7:42 am
We need more information. Are you tracking every bite that goes in your mouth? How many calories are you eating? How much protein do you get in each day? What is your percent protein/carbs/fat???

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Paul C.
on 10/24/11 7:44 am - Cumming, GA
I saw a great Picture on FB in a runners Page it said "If you have time for Facebook you have time to run".

I feel in some areas it can apply to OH, I am not saying in your case it does, but if we have time to be online we have time that we could be off being active.  You don't have to hit the gym or dedicate hours a day or week to being active but even an evenng walk is better than nothing.

For me a healthy lifestyle is something I had to make time for.  This required somethings being not as important.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Angela R.
on 10/24/11 7:53 am - Jewett City, CT
This is what I have eaten today. 
Panera Bread
You Pick Two
Roasted Harvest Turkey Salad -
San Ceaser Sandwich (1/4 of it)

1 cup of pop corn

1/2 cup of broccoli rice
1/2 of chicken breast (Jenni O)

Thats it
Angela 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/24/11 10:07 am - OH
Depending on what you have for dinner, you may not be eating enough, you may not be eating enough protein, and you may be eating too many carbs.  You say you ate 1/4 of the sandwich and salad... Was that as served?  Did you eat a lot of the greens and fruits in the salad?  Did you eat any of the bread on the sandwich? If so, you may be filling up on too many non-protein items.  Did you pull out and eat all of the protein in the salad and sandwich?

"protein first... always"

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Angela R.
on 10/24/11 7:51 am - Jewett City, CT
I think  alot of my problem might be that I'm not tracking anything that goes in my mouth.  I have no clue what to do. I really have NO support when it comes to my weight loss. I am at a loss of how to do it and what to do.  I lost 83 lbs but have always just ate smaller amounts of all the same foods I have always eaten.  
It's time for me to focus.. I agree if I have time for facebook and OBH I should have time to work out.  
Angela 

steve D.
on 10/24/11 7:53 am - West Fargo, ND
Even walking and facebooking would work.  Unless you are like me and can't walk and do anything else.  LOL  Anything we do helps.

Steve

Angela R.
on 10/24/11 7:55 am - Jewett City, CT
Your funny
Angela 

Bralen
on 10/24/11 8:02 am
If I'm reading right, you are 10.5 months post op. That means you haven't lost any weight since 6.5 months, right? That seems unusual to me. If I were you I would take it back to the basics. Protein first, measure your food and track what you eat so you will have an accurate count of calories per day. If that doesn't help then I would probably schedule an appointment with my NUT.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
YankeeRose
on 10/24/11 8:46 am - Meadville, PA
For what it's worth (I am only 4 months out), my surgeon told me that I need to eat 1000-1200 calories a day to avoid starvation mode. He said I should eat 3 meals a day (total 1 cup) and 2 snacks. However, since I cannot eat that much at one meal, I have been trying to eat something (protein forward) every 3-4 hours. I have also heard that eating small meals more frequently throughout the day will speed up your metabolism. My surgeon and Nut also said no more than 20 carbs per meal and the carbs should be GOOD carbs - from fruits, vegetables and whole grains. I was told to avoid refined carbs like sugar, white flour (breads/pastas) and white rice (brown rice is okay). If I want a sandwich or toast or something, I use whole wheat flat breads or low carb whole wheat tortillas. I also eat whole wheat crackers (sparingly). It doesn't seem from what you have listed as your sample menu that you are getting anywhere near 60-80 grams of protein which is what you should be eating. I agree with previous poster, go back to basics. Protein first. Measure your food. No more than 1 cup per meal and stop when you have finished your pre-measured portion (or sooner if you feel full - watch for your trigger sign, mine is burping). Keep a food journal to track your protein and calories. I still drink 1 protein drink per day, usually for breakfast and I sometimes also eat a protein bar as a meal replacement or snack. Also make sure you are drinking 64 oz of fluids per day. I know when I do all this, the scale moves. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?