Difference Between Crystal Light and Diet Caffeine Free Sodas?

Eliza55
on 10/25/11 10:46 am - PA
You might want to try a bit of lemon juice or True Lemon or True Lime to add to your water. 

For me, I don't want to get started down that slippery slope of drinking diet soda.  The next thing, I'll probably be eating chips and cookies ("just one").  I know my self, and it's not pretty.

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

wynter57
on 10/25/11 12:36 pm - Panama City, FL
I know we are all different, but drinking diet soda does not make me want to eat chips and cookies.

I also have never liked putting lemon or lime in my water. If I am drinking water, I truly prefer it plain, it's just that it gets old if that's all you ever drink.
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

Carol M.
on 10/25/11 11:14 am - TX
Have you tried any of the PowerAde Zero flavored waters. or the Vitamin Zero waters. These are what I have replaced my diet coke habit with for the past 10 months. Also, studies have linked weight gain to diet sodas. Don't remember the details. But my own experience with them is that the artificial sweetners in them can affect the production of insulin and if there is no sugar or glucose for the insulin to take care of it will cause the body to store it as fat....Insulin is known as the "fat" hormone.
wynter57
on 10/25/11 12:32 pm - Panama City, FL
I've tried about everything I can think of and I don't like any of them. Why would the artificial sweeteners in diet sodas cause you to gain weight when the same type of sweeteners are in Crystal Light and all these other flavored drinks? That's what I don't understand.
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

Tessie W.
on 10/25/11 11:25 am
My love is the grape wal-mart and target brands of Crystal lIght.  If they ever stop making the grape I will be so bummed.  I do drink some fiet caffeine free sodas but nothing lke i used to.  Everyone has their own opinion on htis stuff - if it works for you and your doc says its okay - then do what worksfor you!!!

LJ1972
on 10/25/11 3:22 pm - FL
I stopped drinking sodas (including diet" and caffeine free) after we did experiments with my nephews and used the drinks to eat rust off of nails, clean battery posts and remove sap from a car windshield. I don't want that in my guts, especially not my new ones LOL
LongshoreFam
on 10/25/11 9:44 pm - Port St Lucie, FL
 Girl, I am in the same boat. I hated drinking water and nothing else. It got old!! I have experimented with everything under the sun!! I can tolerate around 15g of sugar but with that set aside.. I love Capri Suns Roaring Waters pouches. Love grape & cherry :) They have like 6g of sugar so most can tolerate it. And remember I hate flavored water, crystal light,  milo and FAKE sugar.  I also drink the light raspberry/cranberry juice over ice.  When Im trying to get a little protein from milk I put a spoonful of the no sugar added chocolate milk powder (nesquick). I cant stand the taste of drinking milk by its self (never have!). I miss drinking it with meals :(

I also like to have a little of the Tropicana 50 orange juice over ice. I went to a farmer market about a month ago and they had no sugar added lemonade.  I used to make a killer and very sugary lemonade... so I was skeptical I would like the "fake" sugar fresh lemonade. He made the fresh squeezed, then put Truvia in it to my liking. It was great!! I actually have some fresh strawberry lemonade I made in the fridge and I pour a glass and add Truvia to it in my glass instead of mixing it with the entire lemonade.

I also miss sweet tea!! I bought an individual Publix diet sweet tea... and it tasted, fake and it wasnt  sweet to me. So, since the thing only cost $.79, I added some Truvia... and it made it sweet like sweet tea! I poured it over lots of ice, and it was yummy!!

Diet A&W or MUG cream soda is yummy over ice too :)

I also found a special treat at Starbucks. I loved lovedddd the Carmel Frappe's  from Mcd's.  How I miss them. So, I went to Starbucks the first time ever... and discovered something amazing.  Skinny Carmel Frappacinno.  I get it decaf, with 2% milk (the skinny comes with skim), SF carmel syrup, no carmel drizzle, with light whip cream. LOVE!!! I'm not a coffee drinker, never have been.  They don't taste like Frappe's BUT it's similar and very good. Such a reward to have one :)

The important thing to me is mix it up. Have options so you can drink a "different" drink everytime you are thirsty.  That way your new found drinks don't get old and untolerable.
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 6 replies · 26 views
Recent Topics