Chewable Multi-vitamin

redheadjean
on 10/30/11 12:02 pm - Canton, MI
So, I'm over a year out and I just ran out of chewable vitamins, so I started taking some high quality pills that I had, but I really don't like to swallow those along with some other supplements I'm taking.  I had Centrum chewables before but they were orange flavored and I wasn't crazy about the taste.  So I went looking for something different, steering clear of Flintstones and gummis which are great disparaged here as not being nutritionally complete enough for us.  I found some Centrum Silver chewables that are an orange berry flavor.  They seem to have really good stats (some extra minerals that aren't in the regular chewables) and don't have any iron - which I like because I take my iron separately. I haven't compared the price to buying chewables from Bariatric Advantage yet.  Here are the stats - what do you vitamin experts think?

Jean  
poet_kelly
on 10/30/11 12:28 pm - OH
I think they are a good choice but notice that they have no vitamin K.  So you may need to add some vitamin K to your vitamin routine.  I imagine they will be cheaper than BA.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

redheadjean
on 10/30/11 12:34 pm - Canton, MI
Yes, you are right.  I just checked the other Centrum chewables have K in them.  What does K help with?  I also think the B12 I bought from Sam's club is useless.  I've had a few times where I felt like my feet were falling asleep while I'm driving or on the the elliptcal.  I switched to a B12 from vitamin shoppe, but I was also confused by two different kinds of B12 - one starting with C and the other with M?
Jean  
Susan_U
on 10/30/11 1:04 pm - Ontario, CA
Try Centrum Kids Complete.  Contain 2 or 3 flavors and has vitamin K in it.

Ingredients Amt Per Tablet Units %Daily Value Children 2 and 3 Years (1/2 Tablet) %Daily Value Children 4 Years and Older (1 Tablet)
Total Carbohydrate

HW: 260  -  Consult: 241  -  SW: 239  -  CW: 206  -  GW: 140

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

poet_kelly
on 10/30/11 1:17 pm - OH
Vitamin K helps your blood clot, among other things.

The two types of B12 you're thinking of are cyanocobalamin and methylcobalamin.  The methyl one is usually absorbed a bit better but most people absorb the cyano one well enough.  the cyano one is usually cheaper.

If you think your B12 is that low, have you had labs done?  I'd do at least a few B12 shots if it was that low.  You need to get it up fast if it is that low.  That tingling is caused by nerve damage and it can be permanent.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

redheadjean
on 10/30/11 11:46 pm - Canton, MI
My B12 was good (1167) at my 1 year labs which were run in July.  I haven't had them done since then, since there is only annual follow-up.  I'd have to get my primary to run them - she is hard to get in to see, but I think I'll try and have them check.
Jean  
poet_kelly
on 10/31/11 2:11 am - OH
You've been taking B12 since July, though?  1167 is excellent for B12 and I'd be really surprised if it dropped enough to be making your feet feel like that unless you hadn't been taking any since then.  Even if you hadn't, we store B12 for a while in our bodies so even then it might not have dropped that far yet.  It doesn't hurt to get it checked, though.  I actually don't think once a year is enough to get labs done, I do mine every six months.  If you do get it checked, if it's over 400, then it should not be causing the numbness in your feet.

Maybe you have a pinched nerve or something?

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 520 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics