Still unexplained epigastric pain

ChrissyD70
on 11/1/11 3:20 am - O'Fallon, MO
 Wow, I am just at such a loss... I have had ungodly pain going across my abdomen since last october.. (2010, not 2011)  Had gallbladder removed last november.  I was ok for about 2 weeks, then same pain returned.

Went round and round with surgeon, then saw GI, who sent me to ANOTHER GI.. He put in a non-functional feeding tube into bypassed part of stomach, then GI went in and did ERCP.  ERCP showed Sphincter of Oddi, made incisions in spincter muscle, then ok for 2 weeks.  This was back in July.

Still have pain which has increased to epic levels.  Wound up going to ER 2x in past 2 weeks because I couldnt get the pain under control.  While in the ER had massive pain attack in right side to the point where I couldnt move.  Passed about 5 minutes later and has happened about 8 times since.  

They sent me for a CT scan while in ER and the radiologist noticed that the tube between stomach and intestines was extremely narrow. Which would explain the daily pain, but not the severe attacks in right side.

Went for an upper endoscopy yesterday, the bariatric surgeon expecting to do dilation based on radiologists report.  Plus thought that he would find an ulcer from chest pain (just like ulcer pain in the past).  End result.. nothing, nada... upper endoscopy was clean.  no stricture, no ulcers.. no answers...

I am literally at my wits end with this pain.  Has ANYONE had any kind of ongoing abdominal pain that was finally explained?  Grasping at straws that maybe, possibly, anyone has had the same issue but with successful results.  Labs have all been good and I just dont know what else to do.  I despise narcotics and go as long as I can with out taking them.  Some days are just unbearable and I cant even speak due to the pain.  I have a 6 year old son and I just cant have this.. 

I do NOT regret having the surgery. Just want to make that clear to any pre-ops.. I am in the small percentile that have issues. My advice is to have a REALLY good GI prior to having the surgery.. and making sure that GI is familiar with bariatric surgery.

If anyone has had any kind of wierd abdominal pains, please share.. especially if they were resolved..

Thanks for reading and letting me vent.. Really hoping someone else has had the same issue and had a doc smart enough to figure out what the deal-e-o was...
I am very good at having opinions and always willing to share :)  Not shy at all!
Check out my site.. www.showmetheskinny.weebly.com

Carla M.
on 11/1/11 5:38 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with

Maybe you have adhesions? Have they tossed that around a bit? I have had pain in the stomach area and they will be going in to explore soon. Just a thought....

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 353 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 220 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views